Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 28G JBJ AIO Journal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Darbex
    replied
    My clown is hosting my Duncan.


    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    So the outcome is one of my SPS died out in a little area. But I don't see any FW on their usual hang out spots.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Yeah man, got to catch those flat worms early!

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    So I did the lime juice on the aiptasia and that sucker was pissed. The other coral I thought was aiptasia is actually a tiny Kenya tree. It is growing where I used to have one at. Also did the treatment of flatworm exit. One note when they say dont underestimate the amount of flatworms in your tank take your best estimate and multiply it by 100. I thought ok there will be a lot even after suctioning as many as I can. Within 5 minutes of watching the tank after putting the drops in I saw FW coming out of everywhere even places I swore I just suctioned and blasted with a turkey baster. One coral was almost completely covered with them. Then all the sudden it started to snow FW. There had to be a few hundred, it was ridiculous. So I have about a 1.5lb bag of carbon in the tank to filter out all of the toxins and what not. Plan on doing a WC tomorrow. Not sure if this killed them all since I saw so many but we will see.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Might get 3 250W w/ CF

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Yeah, bulbs are a money pit.

    Leave a comment:


  • soymilk
    replied
    sounds good.

    bulb replacement is gonna be killer

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    7.0 is in the natural range. I was thing 2 250W MH with 4 or 6 T5s

    Leave a comment:


  • soymilk
    replied
    Alk seems a little low to me. Most people run it at around 9. But a lot run more. I'm trying to stay close to natural seawater so I'm trying to stick around 6.5-8.

    Metal halide n t5 are proven workhorses. I still like led though. Running 2 400w mh with a chiller + a/c to keep the house cool = ouch. Too bad LEDs for a tank like that is too pricey. 2-3k.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    CA 470 ppm
    pH 7.8
    NO2 0 ppm
    NH3 0 ppm
    NO3 5 ppm
    ALK 7.0 dKH
    SG 1.024

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    You need to come by so I can snag the emerald for you

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by Darbex View Post
    I have test kits. Everytime I test calc and alk it's super high so I stopped testing and just dose with liquid calcium every few days.
    how high is high?

    Which salt are you using?

    I'm surprise you don' have to watch your alk levels b/c you got a good amount of LPS and SPS in the tank.

    Me and trung working on a small group buy. I'm work with lime water dosing to see what's up. I expect to get a lot more LPS.

    Sucks to hear about the LEDs not working out. Maybe raise them some?

    My maxspect doesn't have optics so I don't see the same problems I guess. plus I have it almost 12'' off the tank.

    Maybe see what trung is doing with this AI light. Those have optics and he got SPS out the jin-yang.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    All of the LR on the bottom and mid are a deep purple. I found out my placement of one of the SPS won't solve the lighting problem just moved it. So screw it I will def go with MH/T5 on the 150G

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    I have test kits. Everytime I test calc and alk it's super high so I stopped testing and just dose with liquid calcium every few days.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    That's crazy coraline on the back wall.

    I like how the corals look under the blue.

    You need some test kits foo.

    Do you know where your Cal and Alk levels are at?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X