Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tropheus Moorii Ilangi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • eklikewhoa
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    in that case we might not be friends after I post this....

    Leave a comment:


  • geoff_tropheus
    replied
    All the fish but my Ujiji rush the glass at feeding time.

    The ujiji for some reason, have always been a spooked fish. They're tank has always provided lots of cover, even substrate to try to help them, and still I've not gotten much improvement.

    When I feed them I have to sit back and not go by the tank to spook them further.

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    ha ha ha ..... pffft. they will really go after the food but i have to take a few steps back away from the tank b4 they really attack it and by then its on the sand.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
    i think the fact that you have an automatic feeder may help . normally when i walk up to the tank (unless they are very hungry) they all run to the back of the tank. if they got used to food just falling down they would more readily go after it knowing nothing is there to harm them. but idk for sure maybe something else entirely.

    I just went and took a vid for you... uploading now.


    Sounds like your colony is broken though.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by jeebus View Post
    Good tip. Next time I'm at the hardware store I'm gonna pick an elbow up.


    Make sure you get one that inlets at least 1" if not you will be restricting the pump.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    The automatic feeders were added on recently.

    They did this when I hand fed all their feedings and would rush the front glass when I come near.... the feeders were added to feed inbetween my hand feedings.

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
    I meant I took in the way they ate as the norm but now I see through everyone else's troph's feeding behaviour it has to be effected by other influences, possibly surroundings or comfort level.
    i think the fact that you have an automatic feeder may help . normally when i walk up to the tank (unless they are very hungry) they all run to the back of the tank. if they got used to food just falling down they would more readily go after it knowing nothing is there to harm them. but idk for sure maybe something else entirely.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeebus
    replied
    Good tip. Next time I'm at the hardware store I'm gonna pick an elbow up.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Well I have my mag12 with no sponge on the end that it comes with, instead I have a 1" elbow that is downturned so it's could run dry down to about 1" of water and still work... and this is in a Pro-Clear 300.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeebus
    replied
    Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
    3.
    Hmmm... between the open tops, MH, surface agitation, wet/dry and
    cooling fan I lose maybe a gallon at most a day. I keep the house about
    70-73 which helps a great deal. This is really nothing for what's on
    the tank, my 30g reef tank would lose about 5g a week.
    I guess with x2 WC's weekly the sump level doesn't have time to drop
    enough from evaporation to let the pump run dry?
    Yeah the algae is a bit in the tank but I tried to grow it lush
    on the back wall to kinda "soften" the black background cause it's
    killing the Ilangi's colors but the blue is an eyesore. I don't scrape
    the back at all and it's growing uneven and the algae on the rocks I
    think gives it a nice look.
    I agree. It looks natural.


    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Dude.... you is about to get done up.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Yeah, Phong been wanting to go get some rocks for a while now. He is getting all new fishes so he should wait until he decides what he really wants before he pick the rocks.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Thanks

    I got the new bulbs in already... running 2x150w 8000k's now but it took some time to burn in being halides doesn't show to well in the vids but looks badass in person!

    Not sure when I'm getting rocks, you know I have to go with phong since I put a sub in the lex and it don't like tuggin around 3-400lbs of rock in the back. I was suppose to go with him last week but I never woke up.

    We did stop by Dan's place and he's using the idea I had in mind in the Moba tank.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by jeebus View Post
    4. Did your friends flake on the Tunze yet?
    Back up Jeebus. I'm getting it!

    Qoucy,

    Lights looks playa foo. When you get the new lights bulbs in they are going to look real clean I bet.

    When you getting new rocks? I need to go back and get some smaller ones for my tank. I'm thinking like another 10-15 pounds of small rocks.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X