Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My latest addiction - 25G Reef

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tetranerd
    replied
    I agree with Tenius. It will grow very quick with alot of light, and produce great colors and growth tips.



    Bad pic, but top right corner after 9 months or so under two 400 watt halides and 120 watts of actinic. Started as a 1 inch stick.

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    I believe its an Acropora tenuis

    Leave a comment:


  • semper
    replied
    mike what is that tri color

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
    LED - SPS growth pic

    if you're not feeding heavily, that's some good growth!

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    LED - SPS growth pic

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Really nice fish and the tank looks great. More pics!

    On the subject of dwarf angels - I couldn't resist and put a multi-color in mine. These little guys were $$$ back in the day but a little more cost effective now.

    On wrasses - I'm just paranoid of them bailing out. There is a fish called a candy hogfish or two spot hog (same fish) that has the same body shape and is a stunner but without the propensity to take the leap. Worth a look

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    Very nice

    that jaw fish is awesome

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    still running the CPR bak pak2 but I did upgrade the pump to a maxijet 1200 recently because the old pump wasnt doin it for me any more. I havn't noticed an excess amount of skimmate but the return for the reactor does empty out into my filter sock so that might be why.

    been dosing iodine regularly for awhile but not really sure if its doing anything. also add alk buffer and Ca when necesary, my sps are starting to use alot of Ca and bicarb.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Lol, must be nice to have clean water like that!

    You dosing anything or just running the pellets?

    What skimmer do you have and do you see an increase in skimmate?

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    I really want to get a dwarf angel been looking at a flameback angel or maybe even a cool flasher wrasse.

    Been running the reactor for about a month now. I was waiting to give an update on it so i could see how well it was working.

    Its a phosban 150 reactor with NPX bioplastics biopellets and a maxijet 1200. So far its been doing good, I started feeding more and still 0 nitrates and phosphates but, I also do have purigen,carbon and phosban in my sump along with chaeto and 2 red mangroves. I never had any water cloudiness like i've read of online or any other problems so far.

    As far as feeding I feed my fish frozen brine and my corals are target feda mix of oyster-feast, phyto-feast and roti-feast,

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Do you plan on keeping anything else with him?

    Did you ever set up a reactor?

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    blue spot jawfish

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Wow!

    Your tank is total sex!

    What is that? A blue spotted watchmen?

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    changed some stuff up. Got rid of all 3 of my fish and a few corals that I was getting tired of. Been thinking about getting a dwarf angel or I dont know what else butI wanted to show yall my first new fish addition.

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    got some pics today. some are with only blue lights and some with whites and blues on also theres a couple of top down shots in there. theres alot of them just a warning lol

    http://s337.photobucket.com/albums/n...09/new%20salt/

    in a few weeks im going to be installing a Bio pellet and phosban reactor so I can start feeding more and get better growth, even though the growths not bad now it would be nice to get it better. will get pics up when I get em.
    Last edited by cichlid1409; 05-29-2011, 10:09 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X