Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt water idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Lol, its understandable. Those userpics can be tricky sometimes. I should probably change mine soon, that way I'm incogneto....
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

    Comment


    • #47
      I have another question! What is with people who have like 20 clownfish in a tank? I though your only suppose to have 2 per tank or they get in fights!

      Like a 50 gallon tank
      Last edited by Johnsbra123; 02-04-2013, 09:04 AM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Salt water idea

        Mr. Salt just giving Ek mess.

        John depends on tank size
        Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
        Treasurer, GHAC

        Comment


        • #49
          Alright I have a new plan! Since I'm going to school, my parents said I can keep one fish tank, and obviously I'm going to keep the 50 gallon because I can have more! I have some corals right now like hammer, toad stool, Kenya tree, and a rock anemone. Can coral live happily in tap water? Because I can tackle the algae but I want my coral to be happy.

          Comment


          • #50
            That I would say no.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Johnsbra123 View Post
              Is that ten gallon with tap water?????????
              yeah, mixed at home with water from the tap.

              Originally posted by rage View Post
              What 's more important is whether the tank is sustainable.
              It lasted for about a year before I got tired of feeding them and cleaning the detritus out of the tank.


              There's a lot of things that can be done if you set your mind to it and not be scared by what is posted on the internet by others that are also too scared to prove otherwise.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

              Comment


              • #52
                Can some one help me by posting my list of coral on the sale thread of marsh? I don't want to pay 20$ just to sell this one pack of coral.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                  yeah, mixed at home with water from the tap.



                  It lasted for about a year before I got tired of feeding them and cleaning the detritus out of the tank.


                  There's a lot of things that can be done if you set your mind to it and not be scared by what is posted on the internet by others that are also too scared to prove otherwise.
                  What was so great about setting up a 10 G tank that you got tired of cleaning the detritus and feeding?
                  Did you not enjoy watching the fish chasing each other?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by rage View Post
                    What was so great about setting up a 10 G tank that you got tired of cleaning the detritus and feeding?
                    Did you not enjoy watching the fish chasing each other?
                    they didn't chase each other as much as most would think.

                    short burst and that was about it.


                    What was great about it?
                    I'll leave that for you to come up with, you seem to have all the answers and with an abundance of knowledge.

                    Please do not refrain from sharing the knowledge you have gathered from all your personal experience, we are all ears/eyes.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I don't have all the answers and I messed up from time to time but I have some honest answers if one would care to read what I have said over the years. The point of this forum is to share your experience, good, bad so hopefully someone else will not make the same mistakes.

                      For the case of damsels:
                      I only had 2 of them when I first started sometime ago in a 75G, with maybe 2,3 other fish. The damsels fought each other all the time and they harrased the other fish big time. I had them for a few months and got rid of them.
                      With little I know, I agree with others and the experts when they said damsels are mean and not good to be kept in a tank long term.

                      Now your turn. Are you suggesting keeping a dozen damsels in a 10G was a good experience?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        That was the point of this tank.

                        You kept two together and they harrassed each other. From my experience with hyper aggressive fish is to pack them in and disperse the aggression which in this case worked out perfectly.

                        Never a nipped fin or damaged scale, the group of damsels co-existed with one another with no problems in a 10g.

                        So, when you had two in a 75g they attacked each other as well as other fish to the point to ditched them.

                        I kept them in a 10g for about a year with them living almost peacefully.


                        Not suggesting anything other than my personal experience which if I'm not mistaken, when compared to yours, its more favorable.



                        I've noticed you like to quote my post or put me on the spot. I'm sorry if my personal experiences are so different from yours. I have these crazy visions and instead of just thinking about it, I actually try them. Most cases it doesn't work but some do.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          As stated previously.... the "experts" that you read about online only write about what worked for them, just like your case. Most of which are what worked "safely".

                          If two didn't work together then none will, so let's say they are aggressive and can't be kept in a tank for a long time.

                          Sound about right?
                          Last edited by eklikewhoa; 02-05-2013, 08:54 AM.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Can we stop the fight here. Can someone help me with marsh.com?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              No ones fighting just having some good debates.

                              as for your marsh, find someone that is your friend, the whole purpose of that is to keep from having bad transactions and I'm sure anyone that isn't your friend would want you to smear their name if anything went askew.


                              Rage, would like to add that this 10g consisted of many adopted damsels that were being neglected due to experiences like yours. Many that were forced to the sump, on the way to the flusher or from people that didn't care for their well being due to their "aggression".
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                                No ones fighting just having some good debates.
                                I still don't believe in putting a dozen damsels in a small tank. Spreading aggression only mean they fight a different fish at different time. It does not mean it's a good thing.

                                What I do like is when you talk more, there are more info there for people to understand. If these fish were rescued fish, it maybe an excuse, and you should have said so at the beginning so others don't go out and buy a 10G and a dozen damsels to start the hobby.
                                If I were to rescue them though, I would have given them a better situation rather a tight little place so they have to fight to survive.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X