Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt water idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Johnsbra123
    replied
    I have never herd of that before! Please elaborate.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Salt water idea

    No I'm talking about carbon bottles or carbon snakes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Johnsbra123
    replied
    I have a 350 gph canister with carbon rocks in it that I change out once every couple of months.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Salt water idea

    A good carbon canister can remove that out for a FOWLR.

    Leave a comment:


  • raleigh19
    replied
    marcorocks.com

    Leave a comment:


  • Johnsbra123
    replied
    Not when you get killer deals. Where can I get dry rock for my reef tank?

    Leave a comment:


  • Phenom
    replied
    Designer clown costs more than 40 buck

    Leave a comment:


  • raleigh19
    replied
    Get RO/DI and booster pump and do the things right. Cutting corners will hurt more in the long run, especially if you talking about keeping designer clowns.

    Leave a comment:


  • Johnsbra123
    replied
    So if I got a brits foyer I should be fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • raleigh19
    replied
    This is why I don't use tap water on my reef tank

    Leave a comment:


  • Johnsbra123
    replied
    When I say multiple, I mean, 2 black ice, 2 Picasso, and 2 platinum. Can they all be in one tank? 55 gallon tank?

    Leave a comment:


  • Darbex
    replied
    Salt water idea

    You already can have multiple clowns

    Leave a comment:


  • BeefyG
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnsbra123 View Post
    With this idea of confusing the aggression, could someone keep multiple clownfish?
    The idea usually translates well whether its fresh water, salt water, whatever. Aggressive fish single each other out less in large groups in compact spaces. You have to overfilter like crazy and stay on top of water changes but its doable. Then again, clownfish are expensive if you screw up and they all die. I wouldn't risk it personally but its up to you. Notice the damsels EK had in that tank were all mostly free.

    Leave a comment:


  • Johnsbra123
    replied
    With this idea of confusing the aggression, could someone keep multiple clownfish?

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by rage View Post
    If I think a practice is bad, what do you suggest I do? praise it, keep silent or raise questions?

    If you think keeping 15, 20 mean damsels in a 10G tank with tap water is good practice and a success, then I don't know what else to say.

    It's not just me, anyone can go to google search, type in "damsels" and see for themselves. Of course everyone on all those threads are wrong and you are right!
    As pointed out previously, you opinion on a bad practice is based solely on what you read on the internet and your single failed attempt.

    It is indeed the net so everyone is entitled to whatever they may believe is right and wrong and I'm by no means one to say who chooses what. I can only give my input on the idea and how it worked in my favor, even if it went against the grain.


    Now if you feel that I'm wrong, then please share how you attempted anything remotely similar, didn't work and why. Let's not leave out the but, a, b , c or d.


    Just sayin, rage, a lot of your post seem so negative.
    Yes, I agree that what I did was a one off and there's a lot of details that have not been mentioned yet but at the same time so does all the "sites" you reference to, heck even your own input on the topic(of the off topic) is formatted the same way.

    You're focusing on a single small detail vs the overall.


    Just like me giving advice that it's doable and not giving 100% detail, you are shunning a new hobbyist away by giving the worst case scenario advice without going into 100% detail.
    Last edited by eklikewhoa; 02-07-2013, 12:21 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X