Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sushi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nickintex
    replied
    Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post

    Leave a comment:


  • geoff_tropheus
    replied
    not for minors

    ......

    ......
    Last edited by geoff_tropheus; 06-18-2009, 11:44 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • molecules32
    replied
    There is a hole in the wall place by Richmond Ave called Oishii. The sushi is really good and it is always packed. Below is the link

    Leave a comment:


  • Nickintex
    replied
    Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post
    Sunday - Father's Day
    Who's your daddy?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nickintex
    replied
    Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post
    All of the Sashimi is really fresh, I dont like at all the Sea Urchin stuff or some of the Octopus stuff because of texture reasons and taste..
    Tako is my favorite sushi, next to Anago.

    Leave a comment:


  • geoff_tropheus
    replied
    This weekend is no go for sure...

    Friday - Mike's
    Saturday - GHAC Meeting
    Sunday - Father's Day

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    So when are we going to hold a Sushi gathering ? I am really thinking sometime next week would be cool :)

    Leave a comment:


  • geoff_tropheus
    replied
    It is a good place, and you made me think of it for lunch. I had never been there.

    Several people had told me it was good, now I know.

    Leave a comment:


  • newb
    replied
    told ya it was pretty good. and definately close to you.

    Leave a comment:


  • geoff_tropheus
    replied
    Here is a link to the place I ate today.

    Find information, resources and relevant links for foodcoral.com. This domain may be for sale.

    Leave a comment:


  • stevenallenbarnard
    replied
    I like Kaneyama at westheimer/tanglewilde. the price is good, the food is fresh and the service is excellent.

    Leave a comment:


  • geoff_tropheus
    replied
    I was so hungry for Sushi today, that I went to Little Tokyo on Fairmont and checked it out.

    Its a small place, the bar is really nice, but the dinning area is cramped. If there is a lot of people in there it could be really loud.

    With Thai's recomendation of the CiCi Roll I ordered that and a salad.

    The CiCi Roll from Little Tokyo was Spicy Tuna, Jalepeno, Cucumber, Avacado rolled with Spicy Crab meat on the outer layer and then topped with more Tuna Sashimi and some crumble things that reminded me of Long John Silvers Krums. I did not care too much for the cumble things, but the roll was good.

    Maybe Mahoro can shed some light on the "preparation" but I like to have my Sashimi served cold. I dont know if it was because of the crumble things that the Sashimi was served room temp. I dont care for it that way.

    The salad was served with crab meat and some kind of sweet dressing. It was good.

    The meal was real good, definately filled me up and then some. With a tea and tip it was $17. Pricey for a lunch, but man I was craving it!

    The place is really close to my house, so I might make this my new quick and easy sushi instead of the cheap stuff at HEB.

    Masa blows this place away though..this place reminded me alot of Sushi Coast, but with better service.
    Last edited by geoff_tropheus; 06-17-2009, 04:43 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    His sushi rocked !! Yeah and many free "from management and kitchen staff" offers where even better..
    We need to do this again soon.. I am hungry for sushi !!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • geoff_tropheus
    replied
    Jesper that stuff we setup with Mahoro was good too, and the free stuff was really nice. Thanks Mahoro!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    Well I tried to put together a sushi night before.. Anyone else want to take the torch and run with it this time and setup a day and time... (as long as its not this week)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X