Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purigen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    is this white enough?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

    Comment


    • #17
      Yeah, I use Clorox as well. Never had any problems cuz of the bleach. I'd say soak that a little more, and sometimes u may have to swirl the bag around a bit so all the granules come in contact with the bleach.

      If ur frikkin dumping ur Purigen, damn straight me and Sunny will take it! I got a 2260 I still have to get Purigen for!
      All bleeding stops eventually...

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
        is this white enough?

        No, they will all be the same color once the bleach is done cleaning it.

        Purigen also looks whiter if you let it dry out.

        I have reused it before also. Man up son.
        I ate my fish that died.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
          I have reused it before also. Man up son.
          Yeah Q. Come on say it... "Challenge accepted!"
          All bleeding stops eventually...

          Comment


          • #20
            I got a 50/50 mix of bleach and did it twice already.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

            Comment


            • #21
              challenge? that would be the drive to get more.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                challenge? that would be the drive to get more.
                More what? U been throwin out ur Purigen cuz ur scared!! :)
                All bleeding stops eventually...

                Comment


                • #23
                  LoL, I have.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                    LoL, I have.
                    Smdh. Sigh. I think Thai said it best... Man up! And Sunny is a close second with... Fork it over then!! Haha!
                    All bleeding stops eventually...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      my liter just came in!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        kiko just came over and I did 90% bleach... I see's it now.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by madehtsobi View Post
                          my liter just came in!
                          All bleeding stops eventually...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                            kiko just came over and I did 90% bleach... I see's it now.
                            Welcome to the world of recycling!
                            All bleeding stops eventually...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                              Smdh. Sigh. I think Thai said it best... Man up! And Sunny is a close second with... Fork it over then!! Haha!
                              I've got about 1L in each of my tanks and I could always use more, so if Q doesn't grow a pair and recycle, I'd be more than happy to take his used up Purigen.
                              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I think I read that recharging purigen in high concentrations of bleach, may reduce its life...
                                30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

                                Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

                                75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X