Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floating New Fish in Breeder Box

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ptran
    replied
    125 is perfect. Check with FishLand for good price.

    Leave a comment:


  • Beth777
    replied
    I've been thinking a lot about saving up and getting a larger tank. I had thought that I'd like a 125gal but I was looking at one at city pets and it really didn't look that big to me. So I don't know, maybe a 150gal.

    Originally posted by ptran View Post
    Probably won't work. Need their own tank.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • ptran
    replied
    Probably won't work. Need their own tank.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Beth777
    replied
    Can't imagine 20 of those with the current mix of 24 in the 75gaL.

    Originally posted by ptran View Post
    Yeah they do better in big group. 20-25 to spread out aggression.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • ptran
    replied
    Yeah they do better in big group. 20-25 to spread out aggression.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Beth777
    replied
    I've always loved them but turned away because I've read that you need a minimum 15 and you have to constantly take super aggressive ones back to the store and trade for another one and hope it's not as aggressiv,e and then again you might pay all that money for a big group and wake up to dead ones because someone found an ax in the tank and went on a killing spree while you sleeping all snugly and comfy...

    Originally posted by ptran View Post
    Yes they are conspecific: very aggressive toward their own kind.

    Most people keep trophs in minimum 75 gallon tank.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • ptran
    replied
    Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
    Aren't they psycho killers? What size tank do they need?
    Yes they are conspecific: very aggressive toward their own kind.

    Most people keep trophs in minimum 75 gallon tank.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Beth777
    replied
    I do wish I could have some kind of small catfish with them, but I've read of eyes being plucked out.

    Originally posted by amcgee2842 View Post
    I have had them in there for 2 years

    Leave a comment:


  • Beth777
    replied
    Maybe it's like me having emerald cory cats and kuhli loaches with cichlids. Not recommended but working any way??? I think I'd be afraid to try it in my 30gal. Maybe if I had them in a larger tank.

    Thanks for letting me know that.

    Originally posted by amcgee2842 View Post
    I have had them in there for 2 years

    Leave a comment:


  • Beth777
    replied
    I was also thinking their bodies looked brown instead of black at CT. Is that what you saw? I just saw a youtube video of duboisi with yellow labs. I also just read that they're not usually mean to other species, it's mainly their own kind. Oh, and they don't get huge in size, which for me is a big plus.

    Originally posted by ptran View Post
    I saw some Duboise there at CT Pets


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Beth777
    replied
    Aren't they psycho killers? What size tank do they need?

    Originally posted by ptran View Post
    I saw some Duboise there at CT Pets


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • ptran
    replied
    I saw some Duboise there at CT Pets


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Beth777
    replied
    That's what I figured. I wish LFS would use the scientific names.

    Originally posted by ptran View Post
    Lol never heard of that name.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • amcgee2842
    replied
    Originally posted by Beth777 View Post
    I read so many things about them killing and terrorizing other fish. Add to that the fact that mine killed their other 2 brichardi tank mates within the first 3 days of owning them and I'm just too chicken to add anything to the tank. Some times I wish that I could add something else but I can't imagine it not being killed.

    How long have you had yours with other fish?
    I have had them in there for 2 years

    Leave a comment:


  • ptran
    replied
    Lol never heard of that name.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X