Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DoubleDutch
    replied
    Did you watch the Dutchies?
    Pfffff my heartrate still isn't normal !!

    Leave a comment:


  • originalhandy
    replied
    Hopefully they can pull this off! Dont forget how they schooled us last time we played them over here, they pretty much gave up after thirty minutes they found us too easy.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • mnemenoi
    replied
    If we show up and play like I know we can, we can win. If we try and park the bus, we will be in the same spot as the last three world cups...

    Leave a comment:


  • morpheus
    replied
    Getting hyped for the USA game tomorrow....hopefully we pull it out. The Belgians are a tough squad, but I keep hearing how they arent as much of a team as the USA is at this point in playing together. They say they are more talented though...either way....LETS GO U-S-A!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • originalhandy
    replied
    The Germans did school us for the majority of that game though we did have our moments. Next up, Belgium. If the Belgium that showed up yesterday shows up on Tuesday the US has a huge chance to advance. I am already excited about this game!

    Leave a comment:


  • originalhandy
    replied
    Best chances and first half go to ze Germans. Bradley has to step up. So long as we hang in there ill be happy. US did manage to get possession, the first twenty minutes where torture.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • DoubleDutch
    replied
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403714033.407253.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403714041.208044.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403714047.552606.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • TangoMIke
    replied
    I saw him on the pitch with a block of parmesan and a grater, but didn't think anything of it......

    Leave a comment:


  • DoubleDutch
    replied
    But we might have the sollutionImageUploadedByTapatalk1403704562.340606.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • DoubleDutch
    replied
    Originally posted by originalhandy View Post
    Seems like Suarez wanted to know if Italian people taste as good as Italian food!

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Third time he bit someone. He serious is in need for some mental treatment.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403704497.656117.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403704509.808994.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403704517.818829.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1403704528.547847.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • originalhandy
    replied
    Seems like Suarez wanted to know if Italian people taste as good as Italian food!

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • TangoMIke
    replied
    I think the German success is a direct result of Klinsmann, He revamped the youth academies for both Germany and Bayern thus leading to the success they have today. I think 2002 was a bit of an aberration, with an easy group and an easy round of 16 opponent who we knew well. The friendlies that the US played in Europe were an attempt to season the team against good opposition outside CONCACAF.
    I still think Klinsmann is head and shoulders above any of our previous managers and will form the team into something that will actually be a threat to advance going forward. Hope You are watching The US against Belgium. :-)
    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • originalhandy
    replied
    They're exciting to watch as its a WC, I am not sure its the best squad yet or if it is if were playing as good as we can. The route to the WC for the US is a done deal, they never have competition to get here and if they don't make it for some reason its an absolute disaster. They reached the QF in 2002 which with today's ability is about as far as they can get but if we get Belgium I think itll be the end of the road for us. Ive already put in my time off for the game

    To me Jurgen is just a name, he failed as manager for Germany and Bayern, 3 years total in work with two teams. He does know youth setups and how they should be run but management isn't what he is great at. None of my friends in Germany rated him for management though he was a great player but like I said, I think he was over hyped by the US media.

    Leave a comment:


  • TangoMIke
    replied
    I have been following soccer in the US for a long time. This US team is better than any other we have fielded. It plays a decent sort of soccer and can be dangerous at times. Klinsmann was the man for the job he has improved the quality and brought a certain swagger to the US game that has never been there before. The draw against Portugal was tough, especially the timing. IMHO the US was the better squad having better opportunities and more possession in attacking third.
    I think we will come out of Thursday with points and finish second to a very good German team. You have to remember this is arguably the toughest group in the cup.
    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • originalhandy
    replied
    If we come second we most likely have Belgium on July 1st, should be a cracking game!

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X