Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mnemenoi
    replied
    Agreed, they have discussed using instant replay, but it would have to be available and syatemized with every fifa game. Its coming eventually though, most uefa leagues use it and are working out the kinks

    Leave a comment:


  • morpheus
    replied
    i know its part of every sport, but frustrating. kids are taught if it gets you a call in your favor, who cares if you took a dive. the game moves fast, so the refs have only that split second to make a choice...right or wrong.

    now i am waiting for all the conspiracy theorists to come out saying they are fixing matches so brazil wins on home soil

    Leave a comment:


  • mnemenoi
    replied
    It happens due to rules and focus from early stages of training. I remember being taught how to flop in the PK area when I was a forward. I will agree the pk and foul was excessive, but the 1st game in any WC is where the refs hardline the tone. I've also seen red cards for flopping handed out so it can go both ways. Chique Dracul will be the ref to watch for he is our favorite!

    Leave a comment:


  • LooksLater
    replied
    I agree completely, and I was rooting for Brazil until...well, they looked like *****, and the ref decided to hand them 2 calls they didn't deserve, IMO.
    I mean, it happens. Refs can only call what they (think) they see...but yes, total crap. I mostly feel *really* bad for Croatia. Like the announcer said, the final score DID NOT reflect what happened on the field. They played a lot better than that. :/


    Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • morpheus
    started a topic World Cup Thread

    World Cup Thread

    ok i dont watch much soccer at all. i do watch WC...but that penalty call against Croatia was a disgrace. i was listening on the radio and the announcer yells (paraphrase):

    that was a terrible call. that was a flop. come on ref this not the NBA!!!!

    i laughed so hard. when soccer players, who flop and act and cry more than any other sport, call out other sports for faking its hilarious. basketball players flop a lot too i agree, but just was a great reference

    maybe this is why i find it hard to get into soccer outside of WC time. i watch pro sports to be entertained watching the best athletes in their sport...not to watch them fake injury, fall down, throw up their hands, etc. on every freaking play
Working...
X