1.5gal DSM Iwagumi attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll update tomorrow after work.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

what kind of worm is that on the Video?
      Last edited by R_sustaita; 04-25-2013, 09:38 AM.
      75g Tank,
      2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
      2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
      10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
      10g Tank
      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

whats that wormy thing in that tank?

Comment

Blackworms.
          "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
            Blackworms.
            Blackworms. I lost a huge bunch of them when I put them in a container. Decided to dump all of them into my 5g and 1.5g to hopefully get a colony started.

Comment

what do they do?
              75g Tank,
              2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
              10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
              10g Tank
              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                what do they do?
                They get eaten! Lol

They're beneficial in a tank because they aerate the substrate much better than snails so that harmful gases don't build up. They eat detritus and left over food. They're also a live food source.

Comment

I'll update later tonight around 11pm with a video. The HC is bouncing back well. I got them pearling again and a lot of them are turning a bright green again.

Comment

ok i just read about them. i didnt know about them until now. sounds neat to raised your worms. i think im going to start my planted again. i have my 2.5 quiet ugly and i want to do the 20L but i want to stay away from co2 1. i hate it 2. i sold it...
                    75g Tank,
                    10g Tank
                    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

IMG_20130425_154609_859.jpg
                      75g Tank,
                      10g Tank
                      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Update! Not much to it. HC is recovering, CRS are getting bigger, blackworms are doing fine (they propagate slow), diatoms took over when I didn't have CO2, algae isn't spreading anymore, and I still need to find a permanent light for this little tank.

Here's the video.

Last edited by mistahoo; 04-26-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Looks good. I'm glad the HC is coming back again, and the shrimp look great. I had diatoms in my shellies tank and it drove me crazy!! You got ur co2 back on now?
                          All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Yeah CO2 is back on. Diatoms aren't spreading anymore, but they're still there! Added some Ocats and a nerite in an attempt to clear it up. The nerite seems to hate the water though. It'll mosey on towards to top of the tank out of the water. Normally they'd munch on algae but this little guy isn't.

Comment

Diatoms drove us crazy in the Tanganyikans tank until we put the Magnum canister on it and finally got them polished out...it may not be good for much else, but that micron filter kicks serious azz.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2
                              "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Not having a filter on this tank doesn't help my case lol. Most of the diatoms are gone. It's just a bit on the front glass that I can wipe off.

Comment

Working...
                                X