Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slow 200 build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BrAin
    replied
    I used the included mounting arm and screwed it to the canopy.

    Leave a comment:


  • ptran
    replied
    Cool looking Goby! Thanks for pix.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Austy16414
    replied
    Did you mount yours or are they just placed on top of your lids?

    Leave a comment:


  • Austy16414
    replied
    I surely do, I'm looking into three of the 20W but I need to build a canopy first

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    I would also maybe go with a higher wattage if you want that good shimmering effect.

    Leave a comment:


  • Austy16414
    replied
    Thank ya Mr. Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • prostreet69camaro
    replied
    Daylight will be a brighter light. That is what i use in my garage and kitchen lights.

    Leave a comment:


  • Austy16414
    replied
    Any suggestion on daylight versus warm white?

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied


    I bought the cheapest one and had to wire it myself. No great instructions so I googled the wiring.
    LED-Flood-Light-007-pir-80W-600x381.jpg
    Last edited by BrAin; 12-23-2014, 12:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Austy16414
    replied
    Nice! Can you post a link for the lights?

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Update. Changed out the sand from black to PFS. Bought two of the cheap 10w led flood lights on ebay. Here is a pic with just the leds. I still use the t12s also.
    1223140935a.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Thanks. One of these days I want to get some real pics. Got a friend with a good camera but I keep forgetting to ask.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ballinxalex
    replied
    That geo is so huge !!! Lookin good

    Leave a comment:


  • troy tucker
    replied
    Dude that Goby is bad ask. I like the Altifrons too. Looks good. Makes me want to work on mine but I am waiting for a buddy to get me the glass to fix it.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Update - Pulled out all the DW. I was tired of the tannins changing the water color all the time. Also made some room in the tank by moving some of the smaller Texas cichlids over to my bros house. Then I took all the jade sleepers and the 3x Geo Altifrons and put them in the tank. I had 4 gobies and I picked up a HUGE one yesterday. 8-1/2" and probably as fat as a d-cell mag-lite.
    Now there are 5x Texas, 3x Geos, 5x Jade Sleeper gobies, 1x Clown Loach, and a common pleco.
    I feed them Krill, Blood worms, and Hikari Cichlid Gold / Excel.

    I dont have the best camera, sorry.
    200_New_Scape.jpg G_Altifron.jpg Geo_Altifron.jpg
    Sleeper_Goby.jpg Texas.jpg

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X