Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slow 200 build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ballinxalex
    replied
    I have those same setup but I can't find a balast for it do u know where I could get one

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
    Looks great bro! Glad the canopy completed the look on that thing.
    Yeah its 10 times better than before. I still plan to build a hood for this but that will be on the bottom of all the list now. THanks again for the delivery.

    Inside shot of the lights.

    lights.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • Hangman
    replied
    Looks great!

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    slow 200 build

    Looks great bro! Glad the canopy completed the look on that thing.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Bought some of the plumbing supplies and started working on that part of the project. I also filled the primary part of the tank to verify there were no leaks. I couldnt help myself and threw a perch in there just for fun. I've never had a tank big enough the fish could get up to speed and create a wake on the surface.
    Also, bought a hood from Barrettsline a couple days ago. I just dont have the time to build that part at the moment. I put some black paint on this hood and installed two T-12 bulbs as my light source. Installed a couple pieces of aluminum for extra reflection as well.

    old_Hood1.jpgold_Hood2.jpg

    090512.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    slow 200 build

    Rofl!

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Told my wife I wanted to paint the whole inside of the stand to match the 2x4's just for you guys. I just decided to save rhat extra little bit of cash for another part of the project.

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    slow 200 build

    Yeah it takes time sometimes. It can drive you nuts. Still say you should have painted the stand pink.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Thanks. Building my own stand took more work than I imagined. When I bought the tank she gave me the old T5 setup that was on it previously. Im planning on building a new hood and using the T5's for light. Im just not certain if Ill be able to use all 4 bulbs.

    Sorry Frankie this was a Dr Pepper build.

    Edit: The lights are actually T12's.
    Last edited by BrAin; 08-27-2012, 06:27 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    slow 200 build

    Looks good man!! Patiently waiting to see it complete.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darth Coqui
    replied
    looks real good man.
    any ideas on the canopy and lighting you will be using
    keep the pics and update coming
    good job and what beer was used in the process

    frankie

    Leave a comment:


  • CRUSHER
    replied
    looking good!

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Did some work last week and got it moved in the house. I didnt really care about painting the inside but I threw a light coat of white in there for lighting purposes. I still have some work to do on the doors but its not much.

    My brother and I moved the tank and stand. I would not recommend this as a two person job. Yes, we felt like we were strong enough to handle it but then we came in the wrong door and couldnt make the turn. We almost broke the tank and probably strained a few muscles trying to hold all that weight. Finally moved the fridge and spice cabinet to make the turn in the kitchen. PLAN AHEAD.....PLAN AHEAD....
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • cu0ngsayz
    replied
    looking real good!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    Stand is starting to come together nicely. Gonna repaint it pink right? Can't wait to see it finished.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X