Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slow 200 build

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BrAin
    replied
    I'm not done with the tank but I'm at a stopping point for now. Water is still a little cloudy but has been getting better the last few days. The wife made me some filter socks the other day and I added those to the filtration.

    I picked up some Texas cichlids from Elvispacman(thanks) and added to the tank. Now, I have a large green texas, 2x perch, 2x unknown cichlids, ? x wc texas, and a large common pleco. Driftwood was picked up in Llano, Moody, and Cleveland while walking around. I bought about 4 bags of the Black Diamond from Tractor supply. The swords I picked up from Allysangels(Thank you).

    10_09_12_TANK1.jpg
    10_09_12_TANK2.jpg
    10_09_12_DW.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • troy tucker
    replied
    Looking good so far but Waiting for new pictures.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    I hadnt thought about adding any more lights just yet. The old setup had four bulbs but I could only get two to work. Its either the broken standoff or an issue with this ballast. I was happy two worked so I havent bothered buying another standoff yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darth Coqui
    replied
    Great Pickup on the hood. I am still curious in how you will go about the hood design.
    If the current VHO glare and heat is too much for you, you can always get alum angle (channel, flat, etc...) from Lowes and bend it to a 45º angle then screw it next to the vho that is closest to the you as a DIY reflector that does not blind you.
    That is why I made a separate panel for mounting my VHOs to move back and forth, easy to pick up, etc... as I have touched my VHOs and it doesnt feel to good. Nor the lights lights glaring at you after a few brews.

    What other lights will you be adding since you have room?

    Frankie

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Jade sleeper Gobies and a green texas will go in first. I had some perch and a couple other fish but they are pretty aggressive. Two of my jades have taken a beating so I seperated the perch and the other unknown fish.

    Leave a comment:


  • cu0ngsayz
    replied
    Looks good!! Not sure if you mentioned it already but what are you going to stock in the tank

    Leave a comment:


  • Ballinxalex
    replied
    Do u know where I could get new vho bulbs for cheap and that balast?

    Leave a comment:


  • New_Cichlid11
    replied
    looking good man, i want a big tank so bad

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    slow 200 build

    Need that DW In there to break the line of sight. It will help remove the aggression.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
    Very true. How's that DW coming? Tank would be a sweet native tank.
    I havent touched the DW. I should have changed the water the other day but I've been working on the hood/lights and some of the plumbing. I would love to do this in a native but I'm not sure about how I would do the layout. Also, perch are mean and the jades have taken a beating. I thought maybe they would all get along better if they had more room but I'm not sure about that either.

    The wc jades take the pellets like its candy.

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    slow 200 build

    Definitely if you take the time to get them pellet trained.

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    slow 200 build

    Very true. How's that DW coming? Tank would be a sweet native tank.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
    No problem. I know that area.


    There's no fish stores though.
    No fish stores but plenty of ditches and places to go collecting. My families place is 8 minutes away from my house and I'm 20 minutes from the salt.

    Leave a comment:


  • BrAin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
    I have those same setup but I can't find a balast for it do u know where I could get one
    Thought I saw one on here for about $60 a couple weeks ago. Keep your eyes open for those. I believe I also saw some at City Pets near the bulkhead fittings. It was higher but I dont remember the exact amount.

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    slow 200 build

    No problem. I know that area.


    There's no fish stores though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X