Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED retrofit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I don't drink that stuff.... never really understood the whole craze.

    Leave a comment:


  • madehtsobi
    replied
    I don't like wires.

    U really want lifetime supply? Haha I don't even touch it anymore




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    effing worthless...

    Yeah I could, for lifetime supply of tapioca.

    Leave a comment:


  • madehtsobi
    replied
    so u wanna do it for me? haha

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    wasn't too hard, just had to find the different polarities since there is a three position switch on the light and run it off the correct ones on the circuit board.

    From there I just ran an extra length of wire to the opposite side of the fixture and trimmed down some of the metal spacer so I could mount the LED against the light since the thickness of the LED fits the housing perfectly but only if the board and reflector/spacer is pushed to one side.

    Leave a comment:


  • madehtsobi
    replied
    how hard to install master?

    i hate wiring and electrical

    wanna do for me?? =)

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I have one installed in each of my 18" single bright fixture and both 18" on my 72" tank.

    I can take a vid to compare if needed.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    These 1w IMO blow the marineland out the water!

    The single 1w I have installed is comparable to the whole 18" single bright fixture and it puts out the true shimmer in comparison. The fixture's shimmer ability is almost non-existent.

    Leave a comment:


  • madehtsobi
    replied
    lol...ur fast!

    i have my single marineland led 18"....hmmmm

    Leave a comment:


  • madehtsobi
    replied
    do you know how these leds are compared to the marineland leds?

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by madehtsobi View Post
    epo doesnt have anything cheaper?

    They have the regular little LEDs like what you find for car bulbs or similar to the Marineland single brights but nothing on par with these.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    compared to what some of the crappy LED fixtures are going for and even compared to what it would cost to DIY a MH set up I think this by far is best bang for the buck.

    Leave a comment:


  • madehtsobi
    replied
    epo doesnt have anything cheaper?

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    $2 is more like it. 100.....Do it bro!

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I've found a source that cuts cost down to $2ea for these 1wLED with heatsink installed and pre-wired on a reel of 50.

    I'm thinking if that's one LED imagine what 25 on each side of the center brace would do! or even better yet 50 on each side.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X