Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
LED retrofit
Collapse
X
-
do you know the heat rating of these? if they grow algae well then they might be way on the blue side and not have many of the peaks common in the 6500-6700k bulbs? I noticed that my LED moonlights were causing cyanobacteria and had to pull them. they were really close to the water and the wood that was having a problem spot tho. if they are 8000k like some of the older Cree emitters then they might be good for bee's deep tank along with the T5s. They look outstanding for a FO setup though, nice shimmer! I have been looking for something like the new 3W 6500k Cree used in theTMC GroBeam fixture.Originally posted by eklikewhoa View PostI think with enough of them it should grow low light plants great. But I will have a better idea once I put it all together. So far it grows algae like a BEAST
Leave a comment:
-
I'll take one tomorrow or something... pretty tired now to be tearing it back apart.
Update on this... Two reels of 50ea has been ordered.
Leave a comment:
-
Looks good... waiting to see the final product.
How about a quick video on how you setup one LED? :)
Leave a comment:
-
When I order this roll cost drops down to $2 per module so it 25 of these would be about the same cost and would beast all over the single bright... probably over the reef set up too!
Leave a comment:
-
Heck yeh man! Like a tenth of the price and you can't even tell!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
-
Probably does look the same but a $6 SINGLE Led vs. a $50 54 LED fixture.Originally posted by madehtsobi View Postdont be mad...
seem almost the same to me except the 1w light looks "cleaner"??...
Leave a comment:
-
dont be mad...
seem almost the same to me except the 1w light looks "cleaner"??...
Leave a comment:
-
Believe at first it's the single bright only
then the single 1w only
and at the end it shows both
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: