Does it, by chance, look like the sores in this thread?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
rotting face
Collapse
X
-
Cope :)
I am sorry to hear about your Oscar... You need to separate him/her.
You need to get some Metro and a good heater...
Set the heater to about 88 degrees
Add enough metro to the tank he is in.
Water change every 48 hours..
The tank he came from.. do a GOOD cleaning and a massive 90% water change.
That is what I would start with...
Leave a comment:
-
Sounds like Hole in the Head disease to me...
Take the carbon out of your filters,
Dose the tank with Metro,
Change Water
Dose the tank with Metro,
Only feed fish food diet and soak in Metro,
Keep up water changes
and dose the with Metro twice a day.
Most important thing is water changes.Last edited by aggrofishkeeper; 08-26-2009, 01:05 PM.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Mzungu View PostWhat size tank is he in?
Who are his tankmates?
What is your regular maintenance schedule on this tank?
What does he eat normally? How often do you usually feed him?
When was the last water change? How much did you change?
It's odd that the craters or whatever they are would appear so suddenly. Maybe something happened, like you noticed the "pimple," and looked closely and noticed the craters for the first time? Is that possible?
Any way you could post pictures?
Mzungu asked some very good questions... I'd like to add that mature oscars have "holes" on there face normally. These are the nasal openings and the olfactory bulbs. Look at the first picture in the link provided below:
Is this where the holes are?
Leave a comment:
-
What size tank is he in?
Who are his tankmates?
What is your regular maintenance schedule on this tank?
What does he eat normally? How often do you usually feed him?
When was the last water change? How much did you change?
It's odd that the craters or whatever they are would appear so suddenly. Maybe something happened, like you noticed the "pimple," and looked closely and noticed the craters for the first time? Is that possible?
Any way you could post pictures?
Leave a comment:
-
rotting face
Hey guys.... WOW this one is a weird one,.... I have a OSCAR that I have had for (I guess 2 years now) I have done nothing to the tank. No new fish.. nothing... been running like this for a long time... Monday I noticed my HUGE oscar had a pimple..... and he would not eat... this guy never misses a meal.... next day he had a bump on his forehead the size of a small marble.... now today WEDS.... his mouth area and some of those spots are literally gone and there are huge crators like acid ate his face........ man it look horrible..
I have taken him out of the take.... I feel sure he is dieing...... anyone ever seen this before.... It may be hole in the head, but man it looks nasty.Tags: None
Leave a comment: