Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tropheus Moorii Ilangi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Zulaab
    replied
    Awesome pictures :)
    I love the non-ilangi in there :)

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I think I need one more piece for the right side and three more pieces for the left.... should be pleasing then.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    New scape.... still need to redo the left side and this was done after a very looooong day of drinking.

    Pictures taken with the sister inlaw's point and shoot to try and get it to take better pictures for what was paid for it.

    Only half the lights were on...


    Leave a comment:


  • jeebus
    replied
    Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
    there are openings above the substrate and on any angle rock they will breed against.... I haven't had much issue with breeding so I am sure it's working.

    Add more rock, they will find a way!
    Will do! :emt_thumbs:

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by 76dragon View Post
    What is normal troph mode Quoc??
    Rolling in packs, gracefully cruising around and tagging rocks. from the few vids I have seen of trophs underwater. I just think that they are more "humble" now compared to before and their before was a lot more interactive then many others I have seen.

    Definitely not darting into rocks away from the glass.



    But then again who knows.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Originally posted by jeebus View Post
    Hey Ek, where do the fish go to spawn in your tank? I'm thinking about adding more rock once I move the juvies out and the new batch in, but am worried about taking away space they may require to spawn.

    there are openings above the substrate and on any angle rock they will breed against.... I haven't had much issue with breeding so I am sure it's working.

    Add more rock, they will find a way!

    Leave a comment:


  • Zulaab
    replied
    most of the trophs including mine wants a solid surface to spawn on.. as long as there is a flat rock or some raised surface to do the deed on they are happy as far as I have seen it :)

    Leave a comment:


  • 76dragon
    replied
    What is normal troph mode Quoc??

    Leave a comment:


  • jeebus
    replied
    Hey Ek, where do the fish go to spawn in your tank? I'm thinking about adding more rock once I move the juvies out and the new batch in, but am worried about taking away space they may require to spawn.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by 76dragon View Post
    Do you think they will ever get worn out by having to fight the current so much and all day??
    not at all. on my 75g grow out tank I have about 2,400 gph of flow. During the day they swim all up in the the flow.

    At night they hit the rocks and the rocks do block off most of the flow. So they get rest then.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Phung, if you watch my trophs for a while you would not even realize that they have over 8,000gph pushing on them!

    If anything I think the added flow has finally turned these guys on and taken them out of normal troph mode.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    No need to have them on timers... the flow is alternating so it's never the same pattern for too long, Also there is a night mode which lowers the rate at the set time.



    Man, I can't wait till I get my ReefKeeperElite! I will then be including moon cycles and further simulating natural occurences!
    Last edited by eklikewhoa; 03-25-2009, 10:02 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • J-WS6
    replied
    Well the current doesn't stop in the lake does it? I see your point though, they could eventually migrate elsewhere where the current is not as strong all the time. I'm sure Ek has these on a timer.

    Leave a comment:


  • 76dragon
    replied
    Do you think they will ever get worn out by having to fight the current so much and all day??

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    For those that don't believe.....i seen it already.....big difference. Tropheus are acting more "natural" to me.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X