X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North side tank tour in the works?

Gene, step up your game.

Jim and Miggy is mandatory stops. If you can't get them to host it's a bust.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

• I would like to have a North side tank tour. I am waiting on my work schedule to firm up before I set a date.

I think Miggy, Jim, Thai (once he finishes his 8ftr) would be great hosts. I would love to have Rama host as well I know we would all like to see a Red Bulu Colony. If anyone living North of I-10 is interested in hosting please PM me so I can get an idea about availability and geography (So I can start mapping out and planning the sequence).

Just found out Al "The Animal" Garcia lives up that way as well, how bout it Al, would you be willing to host?
      Last edited by Gene D; 07-13-2010, 08:31 PM.
      120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
      180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

• Are you kidding me, make us the first stop. I'm Ram's wife, Rita

Comment

• Club Updates:

TANK TOUR IV - Northside - Aug 7th
          The Tour was great and many nice fishes were seen. A number of these stops were new stops over past tours. Pictures can be seen here:
          Houston Area and Beyond. Tropheus and Petrochromis keepers sharing knowledge, experiences, and networking together to spread interest and improving quality of life for these fishes in aquarium environments.

Houston Tropheus Club T-Shirts
          Designs were finalized, and all kinds of gear can be had here
          Looking for the ideal Gifts? Come check out our giant selection of T-Shirts, Mugs, Tote Bags, Stickers and More. CafePress brings your passions to life with the perfect item for every occasion. ✓Free Returns ✓100% Satisfaction Guarantee ✓Fast Shipping

Rock Dig IV in Burnet, Texas
          The date has not been set, but if we do want to go, we MUST go before Deer Season Starts November 6th. We had discussed making it a overnight camping trip to Lake Buchannan as well for those interested in that

Houston Tropheus & Petrochromis BLOG on Houston Chronicle Pets website found here:

Gene will be the guy in charge of this. He will be the one writing the articles about our events, and asking for quarterly aticles about your tanks and how you set it up, with pics, etc... Once he and I get everything ironed out, we will let you guys know when it is up and running.

Fall Mixer 2010 - Q3
          This meeting is still planned in College Station for the momemnt. If things cannot be arranged with Texas Tropheus Traders, than we will be looking for a volunteer spot alternative. Tenative dates would be Oct

Winter Tank Tour V - 2010
          I am thinking we could do a Westside or Eastside based upon 288 and 45N as the dividers. This would need to be in November.

VORTECH Give Away - 2010
          A sales person from Vortech has contacted be about writing a article concerning Tanganyikan fish and the benefits of VORTECH and VORTECH powerhead features and how they could benefit from the different settings and flow characteristics. The award for writing the article, is they will give us 2-MP20 Units for free. What we could do is raffle them off at the next meeting to see who gets them, or some other idea.

Keep your Fishes Happy!!!
          Last edited by geoff_tropheus; 08-26-2010, 08:27 AM.
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

• Good to see you back on your throne...Tropheus King!!! Rock Dig is a MUST...Im in. MP20's.............................give them to me and I will post my thoughts
            250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

• thanks for the update. we've got so much happening!I want those vortechs too Newb
              25g - Reef
              3.5g - Surge Tank
              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

• its the "HOUSTON" tropheus and petrochromis club!!!

Comment

• who made it to more stops at the tour?
                  25g - Reef
                  3.5g - Surge Tank
                  10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

• owned
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

• Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
                      who made it to more stops at the tour?
                      oh i see...you gonna do me like that.

my girl was looking too good in that dress...I couldnt say no!!!

Comment

• I will be willing to host the fall Mixer if Bethesdaboy flakes!
                        Tropheus Elitist Maximus
                        150 Troph & Petro mix Link
                        ** P.Trewavasae P.F.Chimba P.M.green **
                        ** T.Zongwe**

150 Tropheus Moorii "Murago" Link

Comment

• That a boy Chris...you need a tank moved or something!!!

Comment

• Thai, I made a mistake and did not copy it correctly..

This is what he said he would send me...

MP40WES unit and battery backup

Chris, I have you down as FALL HOST if Mike does not. THank you millions...
                            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

• Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post
                              MP40WES unit and battery backup
                              Now that pimp gear!

Cost about 1K+ for all that.
                              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

• When is the next "get-together"??? Lets do a meeting or tour of the southside or something...

Comment

Working...
                                X