Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Randell; Petrochromis Macrognathus "Zambia"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ssrprelude
    replied
    Originally posted by semper View Post
    all this petro talk,

    might just have to get into them as well
    Oh Oh! Your big tank would be perfect.

    Leave a comment:


  • semper
    replied
    all this petro talk,

    might just have to get into them as well

    Leave a comment:


  • tbui1178
    replied
    +1 on the blue fin famula. i was just looking at them. If my attempt to get famula's fail this month.. i may try to locate some blue fin to add to my tank.

    Leave a comment:


  • ssrprelude
    replied
    Thai you got pm

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Yeah, they play nice too!

    Very good petro to be keeping.

    I like the blue fins a lot myself.

    Leave a comment:


  • cichlid1409
    replied
    blue fin famula really been catching my eye lately they just dont get as big as some other petros.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Now you talking!

    Leave a comment:


  • ssrprelude
    replied
    Only WC, F1 if I have too.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by ssrprelude View Post
    Thank you sir! It will be awhile before I can get to your level. One colony at a time.....
    Get the kazumbe orange!

    I been waiting them for years now.

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Don't let Jim lie to you Frank!

    Dude already got a big colony of petro trews.

    Leave a comment:


  • ssrprelude
    replied
    Thank you sir! It will be awhile before I can get to your level. One colony at a time.....

    Leave a comment:


  • The_Watcher
    replied
    Originally posted by ssrprelude View Post
    Moops are gone next month. Ikola fry are gone next month. Free up a 7 footer! Petro time brothers.
    Thai, I like this guy ..... Smart move ssrprelude ...... As you guys say ..... another one to the "DARK SIDE" ......

    Leave a comment:


  • The_Watcher
    replied
    Thanks Thai, that will make good reading this weekend..... That is if my sons don't move the two newly acquired tanks to the tank stand ....

    Leave a comment:


  • myjohnson
    replied
    Thanks Frank!

    I'm watching the red dorsal closely. Aggression from him has dropped off considerably today.

    Seems like he is getting along better with them now. He is still defending his corner but not 4 foot of the tank.

    I'll remove him if aggression gets too wild.

    Regarding cross breeding, sp. macrognathus raindow is really closer related to polyodon, IMHO. The month structure on the macro has resulted in their own official class. The macro rainbow however does not have it's own class. I would be more worried about crossing a macro rainbow with a polyoden more so than with a macro green. However, I couldn't say 100% either way. I do appreciate the experienced observation and will keep a close eye on them.

    I think you read this already but I'll post it here for others. Again, thanks!

    http://www.wdc-jp.biz/pdf_store/isj/public...0/302/30203.pdf

    Leave a comment:


  • The_Watcher
    replied
    Nice score.....
    I would take that Red Dorsal Rainbow out.... he servers no purpose . and might cross breed with the greens or kill off the green males.....
    not a good thought when you consider the $$$$ ......
    Those photos really look good for fish that have only been in the tank for a short period of time.....
    Nice...
    Congrats
    and good luck ....... They look so conditioned that they might surprise you with young soon...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X