What group would you have in your tank and why
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Golden Kazumba vs Ilangi - Which would you keep
Collapse
X
-
Golden Kazumba vs Ilangi - Which would you keep
210 gl - Yellow Moshi Mahale,Zebra Pleco
300 gl - Red Bulu,Ikola,Brazilan Pleco
200 gl pond - Assorted Cichlids
Tags: None
-
I agree with you there. The term "rare" is relative. If you live near the lake then no fish is rare.
IMHO, ilangi are relatively "rarer" than GK's in the U.S.
In Houston, I see both for sale so they are both not rare to me.I ate my fish that died.
Comment
-
Neither go for discus
Comment
-
-
If I had to pick which ones, I would go with Ilangi.
Personally, I dont care that much for either one. Typically mot people consider Golden Kazumba as the poor man's Ilangi.
If you can find really nice clean Ilangi, I would go for that.380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola
Comment
-
having kept both species before, i like them both almost equally, i really prefer the gks though, they are both in my top 10.
i like the completly uniforn colony color of the gks.
although ilangi are amazing trophs aswell.
but i raised my gks from spit fry (~.35"tl) - (~2.25"tl) whereas the ilangi i bought as 1.5"tl juvies, and raised to ~3"tl, i really like both species and respectfully disagree to the "poor mans ilangi" comment, they are in their own right, every bit as awesome as ilangi imho.FRENCH FRY!!!
55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'
Comment
-
I agree with you Brian. I really do think Golden K's are just as nice. But price wise, Golden K's are about 2/3 the price of Ilangi380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola
Comment

)
Comment