If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I've seen both in my tanks. Some petros are crazy and chase trophs all day. Some are real chill and just do their own thing. Things also change over time. He is new in the tank so he is still checking the scene out I'm guessing.
380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand 300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi 180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262 150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola
Yeah, I think it really depends on the petro. I've had big trews, moshi, and longola. Never had a problem until I got those longolas.
I had my pollis breed in a 75g with the moshi. But couldn't get my lufubus to breed in a 125g with the longolas. Like geoff is saying, it's a petro and you never really know. It really does just depend on the fish.
I think newb had him in a tank with other fish so he is still socalized. The worst is when you keep them by them selves and then throw them in a colony. They often become phsyco killers. 50% chance he will affect breeding. Nice lookin fish!
he's taken over the tank, but not in a harassing way, he just doesn't take anybody else s**t and does his own thing. i'll get a vid when i can get a chance.
Comment