HAS Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HAS Auction

hey arm....no lie on the loaches man.....i wanted those but i'll be darned if i would go as high as they went....but if you have a couple you want to part with i'll be happy to discuss a fair fee with you.....hehehehe.....

that juli was a ornatus....i looked at it before it went on the auction block....we had lost one here over the weekend...and i wanted to replace it....i did...but mine is a regani.....

Comment

I had a great time also. I can't believe that I got the marble shark for only $4.00 and the algae grazing goby for $7.00! I hope those expensive khuli loaches are doing well! I had a couple of people asking me in a humorous way to stop bidding on every pleco! Susan, Charles, Prosper, David, Rob, Dave, Mary Beth, Max, Nancy, nice to see you again. Nice to meet you Eric, Steve and other whose names I forgot, sorry.
      All the plecos are doing great. Can't wait for the next one. I promise to lay off the plecos next time, maybe!
      -Nick
      PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Pam Chin is a very knowledgeable person and looked up to in the Tang world.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hey, Nick, how's that goby doing? I'd love to know what he's like!
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

You know its going to be a "rough" auction when a bag of (4) kuli loaches goes for $61, and the Iwaki Mag Drive Pump, 960 GPH, American made motor, you brought goes for $22.

That pump is $180 new and was less than a year old.  Those things run forever.  

Kuli Loaches, bag of 4 goes $8 with tax at Petco.

Oh well....beer was good...and I did get the Brisstlenose bag of (4) that I wanted.  

Too bad, I lost (2) of them sometime during the night, when the little females were cleaning the tank divider, and decided to clean it right over the top. Nothing like waking up to find fish jerky in the floor

Anyone got females from the auction they no longer wanting?
            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

That was a great auction, and I have to thank everyone for not laughing me off the stage!!!   :)    Hope to see everyone at the HLA auction in late August!!!

Cara Clapsaddle-Donoho

Comment

I take it your the "first timer" .......? You did a great job, except for naming some of them plants but who can blame you. Both the 22 yr old birthday (Susan, I belive) girl and yourself where great, and much nicer to look at too I might add......

CF
                Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

i have to give cuddo's to all of those hard working people that made the auction such an enjoyable atmosphere for all of us....the only complaint i had was getting hosed on the silent auction table....but prosper and shannon were so kind to rectify that oops....and the fact that we couldn't bring in any food or drink .......a hot dog and boxed microwave pizza only goes so far.....but there was a ton of fun that i had....and getting to meet everyone and getting to see the ones that i already knew.....i thank all of you at the auction....you did a superb job....

oh and providing the eye candy for cichlidfan there as well.... :wink:
                  can't wait until the next one....i'm starting my money jar now so i can be more than ready for the next one.....

Comment

High-PH:
                    Fish-R-Us up on 242 (North side of town) has had what was sold to you as a wood shrimp several times in the past.  They're also known as vampire shrimp in case you wanna try doing a search for those - you may get more info.  The one at the auction was a little guy compared to the ones I've seen at Fish-R-Us.  

They're not as innocent as they seem though, I've seen them stab at fish that swim by too slowly with those pointed front legs they've got.  Before that I thought they were totally harmless little guys!

Congrats on your shrimp tho - they're neat to have!
                    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
                      Hey, Nick, how's that goby doing? I'd love to know what he's like!
                      The goby is doing very well. He likes to eat the algae wafers that I feed the plecos. A little shy though.

-Nick
                      PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

I had fun at auction...sold some items for more than I expected (after 25% deduction to HAS can that qualify for membership?) which is good but bought a heck of a lot more. Thanks to Dave from San Antonio for his openness to my constant questions. He was extremely tolerable and i appreciate it.

One of the Pulpan females from him that I won didnt make it and couldn't tell if it was beat up in bag or had a rough ride home. The remaining female and male (which is beautiful) are doing fine. Previous African rift lake experience with Julis only, but may expand interest now.

Dont understand tax either. At spring auction there was no tax but this one there was. Hill Country Cichlid club auctions do not include tax so its not a law, I believe.

Comment

Yep, HAS pays taxes on all auction items, silent, live, merch., etc. It is the law.

Comment

Does anybody from HAS know when we as sellers should be recieving our money for our items that went through the auction????  I have heard some folks that ran things through past auctions had to wait upwards of a month to get their money.  Is this going to be the case????

Comment

Never had to wait a month to get a check, longest I have waited was about 2 weeks, rumor had it that they were suppose to be out this week. If that is the case I would be a happy son of gun. Go to their website and contact one of the officers of the club they should be able to answer your question.

Comment

Thanks sooner.  I will check with Prosper tomorrow I guess.  Needing that money for another filter.....

I really just wish we could have used the money that was to be paid for items that we had in the auction to purchase other items.  I had planned to spend more money but when I heard that we weren't going to get our money for our auctions for a few weeks, needless to say the purse strings got a lot tighter....LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X