Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seachem Purigen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ssrprelude
    replied
    Haha I stuffed a egg sized bag of Purigen in my brothers planted picotope last night. Tank is 3 gallons.

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    Yeah, I set them right next to intake strainer of the pump. Works really well

    Leave a comment:


  • Autonet
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
    JT, Purigen works just as well in a wet/dry which makes it easier to get to it when you have to treat fish in the main tank. I found that a max of 250ml in each Seachem Bag works really well for use in wet/dry filters. I use 4 of those bags in 280 with the driftwood and water is color free.
    That sounds like a great place for those bags of purigens.

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    It's been touched upon so much it's feeling very violated right now and it's in a very fragile state

    Leave a comment:


  • digitallinh
    replied
    Not sure if this has been touched upon, but you can soak the purigen in a bleach/water solution to regenerate it as well. I have 2 bags per tank rotating whenever I maintenance my canisters. Google "how to regenerate seachem purigen" and I'm sure it'll come up with something a little more detailed.

    Also, white stockings from walgreens (99c for 2, the one's in the quarter toy dispenser machine container) works well as a media bag even through the bleaching, otherwise you can use "the bag", I've used both and notice no difference between the two (for flow).
    Last edited by digitallinh; 04-09-2012, 08:55 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    JT, Purigen works just as well in a wet/dry which makes it easier to get to it when you have to treat fish in the main tank. I found that a max of 250ml in each Seachem Bag works really well for use in wet/dry filters. I use 4 of those bags in 280 with the driftwood and water is color free.

    Leave a comment:


  • Autonet
    replied
    I will run the purigens on my FX5 since it has 3 basket compartments.

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I find that if you run more than what the it suggest as far as tank size it last longer before needing to be replaced.

    I've had this 30g running for a few months now with all that crap in it and all the beans look like new still. Probably could go almost a year or more before having to toss it out and replace it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Autonet
    replied
    Alright!!!...let me get into this magical realm of "Purigens".

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    The canister that is on my 30g tank. EHeim 2217 running 1L of purigen and that thing has been crystal clear since day one! I run alder cones and almond leaves in that tank so it should be tea brown with it all but it's like an empty bottle of Louis XIII!

    Leave a comment:


  • Autonet
    replied
    Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
    I have a full 1L in my 30g canister....
    30g canister??

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    Not really but it does help the clarity of the water, that's all I use it for.

    Leave a comment:


  • Autonet
    replied
    Well, I ordered 1Gallon about 4L. I am already using carbon bottle filter system and WC twice a week do I really need Purigens?

    Leave a comment:


  • eklikewhoa
    replied
    I have a full 1L in my 30g canister....

    Leave a comment:


  • ssrprelude
    replied
    Yes sir. One time use too.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X