This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving turkey for a family in need

I have an extra turkey (possibly 2) that I want to give to an HFB member who needs it for their family.

I'm not going to give it to the first person who says, "I want it." That's not what this thread is about.

These are my thoughts. A lot of people are out of work these days & some aren't going to have much. I have too much turkey, the traditional focal point of our Thanksgiving dinner. My husband and son both work at the same place & every year they bring 2 of them home and I end up giving them away.

With the holiday season approaching, I'd like to make a small difference in someone's life. Everyone goes through hard times, I know I have.

I know pride is important to some & I don't want to put anyone's name out there. So, please send me an email. dawnstark@comcast.net if you know someone who just got laid off, who is struggling to make ends meet, who has been out of work for a while due to whatever circumstance, who isn't going to be able to have a Thanksgiving dinner because they have to make a choice to keep the lights on or tell the kids there's no Thanksgiving dinner this year. That's who I want to have it.

I know it's just a turkey but sometimes even the smallest thing can restore someone's faith in humanity or bring a smile to their face when they'd almost lost hope.

Please help me to help someone else.

Thanks.

Dawn
    180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

wow your awesome dawn we need more people like you in this world
    dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Comment

I love ppl like you dawn, i remember my first thanksgiving here in america as a kid. A family donated a turkey and a bunch of food it was an amazing thanksgiving..
      175 tropheus Chaitika
      125 tropheus Ujiji
      90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Thanks guys. It's important to give back & to help where you can. You never know how much a small gesture might mean to someone or to an entire family. This time of year is very hard on some, emotionally, and they may just need that little glimmer of hope to push through it.

More than likely I will have 2 to give away this year. In past years, they gave the guys an option of ham or turkey. This year, with the economy in shambles & their first ever layoffs in more than 10 years, they're getting 50 of each. Whoever grabs what first wins, basically. I have 1 already, the other I won't have until Wednesday.

Start sending those emails!

I also have 4 whole HLSR chickens, ham steaks, breakfast sausage, and pork sausage, etc. if you know of anyone who is in need of it. I'd like it to go to a family who needs it & with the rodeo right around the corner, I need to make room for more.

Comment

The generocity of people like you Dawn is what helps everyone to keep the faith when times are tough!! :)

Comment

You ma'am, are a great person indeed. We need more people like you in our community. I applaud your act of kindness!

Comment

I am always amazed at how great our HFB folks are!!!! Thanks for making me smile this morning.
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
              Desiderius Erasmus
              GHAC President

Comment

Good Morning All. Dawn you are one of Houstons Finest People. Tomball is lucky to have you...
                Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Thats awsome love seeing good people help out

Comment

Yall are awesome! Got a couple emails, keep 'em coming. Please help me make someone's family smile.

Comment

One more bump before we run out of time.

Comment

Thanksgiving turkey for a family in need

I was moved to discover this posting.

I do not need the turkey but would like permission to Referrence it in my own community forum (marsh-reef.org).
                        It's the choices we make that define us...

-Tempset

Comment

Feel free. Though I've gotten more than 1 email from our members, I have only gotten one suggestion & that person gracefully declined as they are not having dinner at their own home.

Wednesday is fast approaching... Thursday morning I will be out of town.

Comment

You are freakin awesome Dawn! You make me smile! (:

Comment

Closing

Comment

Working...
                              X