No announcement yet.

What to get for a begginer tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ca Nguyen gave me his 10g nano that he's been running for over a year with little to absolutely no maintenance due to his trip. It's running on a coralife 4 bulb T5. He gave me everything I need to start. I plan on adding Pulsing Xenias and upgrading to a 30g and somewhere along the line, get a protein skimmer.

Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

Comment

Just an observation. You seem to have a high nutrient problem or not enough flow.
      My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

I just think that's debris from cleaning the stuff off the glass. This tank was barely maintained and was suffering malnutrition. I did a thorough clean of the glass and whatever floated off got caught in the rocks....or so I believe.

Comment

The debris has bubbles. Bubbles mean something. Decomposing detritus, dinoflagellants, algae. Non of these are a good sign. Flow, flow, flow. Get a powerhead in there. Nanos are great but need to be well maintained. You have some nice corals, figured you would want to seem them without all that sludge. You are using rodi water, right?
          My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

Comment

I have a mico-jet added yesterday evening. Bubbles are gone. I get store made salt water. If I do make it, then I'll use RODI since that's all I use for my freshwater. I got some crabs and a goby today to start on clean up. I want some peppermint shrimps but I'm going broke.

Comment

Yeah definately needs more frequent WC to help clear that all up. What color bulbs are you running?
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Actinic Blue and bright white.

Comment

Working...
                X