Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightster's shallow 50g

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Nightster's shallow 50g

    Very nice tank and setup!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Nightster's shallow 50g

      Changed up the scape a little bit.
      20g mixed reef

      Comment


      • #18
        That clam shell would look awesome covered in gsp and zoas

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Nightster's shallow 50g

          Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
          That clam shell would look awesome covered in gsp and zoas
          Yea, I haven't decided what to put on it. It has a few mushrooms on it right now. Some cool zoas would be sweet.
          20g mixed reef

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Nightster's shallow 50g

            FTS
            20g mixed reef

            Comment


            • #21
              That is CLEAN! Good job Chris
              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

              Comment


              • #22
                Tomorrow i plan on ordering my skimmer(reef octopus nwb-150), a new 14k bulb(phoenix), 300 watt jager heater, and a 200 watt jager heater. I gotta replace the heater in this tank and the one in my tropheus tank. Hopefully the new bulb will be a touch bluer. I cant wait to get my skimmer set up, been kinda stressing me out not having one lol. Only equipment after that is the ATO and maybe some dosing pumps. Then i can finally start to work on the livestock...
                20g mixed reef

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Nightster's shallow 50g

                  Andrew_B is selling some dosing pumps
                  http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Nightster's shallow 50g

                    Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
                    Andrew_B is selling some dosing pumps
                    Yea I noticed, if he still has them when I need'em I'll pick them up for sure.
                    20g mixed reef

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Nightster's shallow 50g

                      Nice setup Chris! What is your plan for corals? A zoa or acan garden could be awesome.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Go with a bigger skimmer!

                        I ran the octopus-300 and it was a beast on my 30g
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by mgarrido View Post
                          Nice setup Chris! What is your plan for corals? A zoa or acan garden could be awesome.
                          Thanks, idk yet. Probably a mix reef. Mostly softies and LPS with a colony or 2 of SPS
                          Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                          Go with a bigger skimmer!

                          I ran the octopus-300 and it was a beast on my 30g
                          Man I wish, I think the nwb-150 will do just fine.
                          20g mixed reef

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I'm looking at the nwb-200, not too bad. I just don't know if it'll fit in my sump and if i can justify spending the extra money...
                            20g mixed reef

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The 110 is a champ on my 40g... I would think the 150 is enough for yours.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
                                The 110 is a champ on my 40g... I would think the 150 is enough for yours.
                                That was my initial thought too. Just guessing though, the total volume of my system is closer to 90 gallons. My sump is almost as big as my DT. My fuge is housing probably 15ish pounds of live rock, plan on adding more. Was also thinking about putting some mangroves in the DT but idk might look tacky. Plus idk how the mangroves will react with the seams of an acrylic tank. I know with glass tanks they will dig into the silicone with their roots and cause leaks...
                                20g mixed reef

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X