Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Few questions about Possible Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or if he found that the inflammation was due to cancer... would you want him to just give you tylenol to make the inflammation go away or would you want him to treat the cancer so that the inflammation goes away for good and your life is spared?
    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

People can lie to their doctors if they'd like. But as with every time. The diagnosis will be incorrect. So my metaphor stands firm. Until you can link an inflammed penis to the flu it still works. And the difference is the doctor would tell me what caused it and how to fix it. Not tell me how to change my behavior to not have it occur again if i ever find a way to rid myself of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 278923 View Post
        And the difference is the doctor would tell me what caused it and how to fix it. Not tell me how to change my behavior to not have it occur again if i ever find a way to rid myself of it.
        I disagree. Maybe your doctor is not very good but my doctor definitely tells me how to avoid having an issue reoccur. They often will tell you to change your diet, exercize, avoid lifting a certain way, or any number of things that will make your life better.
        135 gal Fahaka Puffer
        150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
        185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Then again though before that happens they solve the problem, not tell you you're on your own. Lol i love trolling, i could do this for weeks.

Comment

At least be creative about it like the guy on nano-reef that asked how big a tank he needed for his baby dolphin.
            135 gal Fahaka Puffer

Comment

I know this will fall on deaf ears but either your test kit is bad or you are not doing it correctly. There is virtually no way a tank that has been running should have 0 NO3 without doing 100% daily WC. In all the posts we gave you reasons for what is causing your issues so the likely solution is to stop doing the things that are identified as issues and that will solve your problem.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Why waste creativity on trolling? lol. It works even without the creativity.
                And the Stats are 0-.25 on everything for my test kit, petco's test kit, and aquarium world's test kit. That'd be a pretty massive coincidence if they were all messed up. I had them test it because i thought my cycle would have still been going on and i diddn't want my clowns in until after the cycle. I do a water change normally at the most once a week. NOTICE I SAID AT THE MOST. DON'T HAVE A COW.

Comment

What test kit brand?

Comment

mine is "API saltwater master test kit" idk about petco or aquarium world.

Comment

Nitrate is 0-.25 with the API nitrate test?

Comment

no, for nitrates technically it's between 0 and 5.0(the lowest reading other than 0)

Comment

Like I said before, Good luck to you man. Doesn't seem like any of us can change your mind. Looks like you're going to have to strike your own path. We can only help those who want to be helped. If you feel like you know better then no point in asking questions. Seemed like you only wanted to find someone who will tell you what you're doing is right. Dismiss all the advise you don't like, and just cherry pick advise that you want. Everything just doesn't make sense. There is no way a new tank has the capacity to consume nitrate as evident with the bacteria bloom and algae bloom. But do what you want man. There's a reason why we do things.

Looking into your post history. I noticed a trend of asking for help and getting people to offer help and then not even giving the the satisfaction of telling them what was wrong with your tank. You don't contribute to the forums. Just run here and post when your have a problem, and then not even thank those who helped you. We did as much as we can for you. Apparently you know better than all of us. If everyone on all the forums repeat the same junk. Then maybe it's not them that's wrong, it's you. I could write essays on ways to cycle tanks without fish. Keep journals, and how to properly stock a tank to keep toxic elements down to prevent stress on the inhabitants.

But all is for naught if you don't want to listen. Everything is a result of something. Cause and effect. Because you overstocked and overfed, you have problems. You can not put a band-aid on things and make it better. Reefing is different in that aspect because there are many other aspects past keeping a freshwater tank. There is no way a tank that size can support enough anaerobic bacteria to keep nitrate down. Or a tank with visible water quality issues possibly have 0 doc or organics. I feel like I'm just wasting my breath. So again good luck.... I hope you find that electric eel you wanted.

One last tip.... ffs... At least read up on the things you want before you buy them.
                          Last edited by soymilk; 01-18-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

lawls my tank is clearing up so those band-aids do tend to work. and look at the date on that electric eel post. i diddn't even have a saltwater at that time much less anything other than a community tank with nothing more more than guppies. My brother asked to use my account to post about his "need" for an electric eel and snakehead for his tank.

Comment

it's ok man. Have fun with your tank. You're a pro. Case closed. Good Luck.

Comment

i know, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X