No announcement yet.

New catagory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are many ways to vent, express both negative and positive.
    Its been done here on many posts throughout this forum any way.
    Just reminding.

Sunny, Just dont get me to throwed and dared up.
    I have been to Vegas and......

O dam, I wont incriminate myself today.

For the record, im only a grown man due to age.
    Im a kid that wants / love spankings with masks, apples....
    O ****e, there I go again..

Frankie
    http://s1131.photobucket.com/profile/Darth_Coqui

Comment

I, too, appreciate HFB for what it is, as well as the work that goes into it to keep it up and running but sometimes I think... this topic is something better shared in a private group on FB, lol.
      180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
      75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
      50g - Various platy & mollies
      10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Having a section where ANYTHING goes is not something we'll ever have on HFB. Even if there is a disclaimer about entering at your own risk, it just wouldn't work. It would be an absolute nightmare because no matter what, opening up the door to 'vent' about stuff would ultimately become a place to go and trash other members. And this is a local forum. The random guy you bash here, might be the same guy who works at your LFS, or serves you food at your favorite restaurant, or whatever. My point is that the faceless screen name on HFB is an actual person you could/will run into around town in real life. Tone and inflection is completely lost when communicating with strangers on the internet. I can't tell you how many times I've had a certain impression of a person from the forum, then meet them at a GHAC meeting or auction and am completely shocked at how wrong I was. This still happens to me. Someone who comes off as abrasive, might actually just not be quite as 'wordy' as others. It's really easy to misunderstand each other on a forum. BUT, the local aspect is also why we aren't as strict about off-topic conversations in all the forums (except for the Fish Market). We know there are a lot of friends in real life on here and want everyone to have a good time and joke around.

I have to admit, I am confused about all the comments in the Ninja thread about how it is assumed it would be deleted over night. Granted, I didn't read all 58 pages, but I assume it didn't get violent since it continued on for so long. Do you all think you can't joke around or cut up on HFB? I forget that we have many new members who haven't been around for too long and probably don't have the experience we HFB Veterans have. If you go back and read any of the old threads, you'll see how a lot of real life friendships were made here. And it wasn't by getting together and shredding other members. It was through allowing for misunderstanding, taking advice, sharing experiences, and not belittling each other's lack of knowledge. If you look back at the time period around Hurricane Ike, it was amazing how everyone came together to help each other. Members helped each other by sharing batteries, bubble boxes, advice on keeping fish alive without power, even setting up extra tanks to house fish for members who had no electricity for weeks. I know we had 23 tanks set up in our house during that time. I'm not going to say there were never issues, but it does seem like lately there are more people holding grudges, and snarking at each other in the forum. I don't know if this is a guy thing, or what, but from a woman's perspective, it just looks like a bunch of little boys trying to show off for their friends. And I'll tell ya...the more this happens, the more restrictive we tend to get because we have to try and anticipate these things before it gets out of hand. It is so much easier to shut it down before it gets ugly, and with so much aggressive behavior lately, we are probably hyper-sensitive. But the more you guys relax and have fun, the more relaxed we all will be.

Oh, one more thing...I know I use the terms 'you guys' and 'we' a lot to refer to non-mod members and moderators, but please remember that the Mods are also just members who have fish, enjoy the hobby, and have been around HFB for a very long time. They were asked to help Moderate because they spend a lot of time here and have had a lot of offer. There is always a reason if a thread gets shut down or a post get removed. It is not because we are just randomly ****ing with people. I'm saying this because it does become more difficult to enjoy the forum when the non-mod members start separating us out as only forum staff who are 'out to get them'. We are all just the same HFB members as everyone else...we are just tasked with trying to keep other members from disrupting the flow of information, or verbally ripping each other's throats out.

Sorry for the novel, but this seemed like a good place to put it all out there since we do have so many new(ish) members who may not know why we do what we do around here.
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Just to say the asking of this wasnt to bash other members but to vent frustrations and i doubt many think the mods are out to get them we all love Hfb thats why we are all here most of the time please dont think I or we dont appreciate all thats done here by you or the mods. I didnt really think about the bashing of peeps leading to fights which is quite possible but still with all aside when in need everybody pulls together and helps out with anything needed

Comment

Very well put lets all have fun around here guys, no more ninjas.. Whos ready for tmrw
            175 tropheus Chaitika
            125 tropheus Ujiji
            90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

I thought I share this here instead of making a thread, but here goes.
              I got some real concerns with Trophs.com and company.
              Unfortunately I have restrictions to his site at trophs.com due to a disagreement in his character.
              I mean, I, we are the customer and we pay for them to service us.
              I have my own personal opinion / experiance with Greg and in no way shape or form have I swayed anyone to not buy from him.
              On the contrary, I have said to many numerous individuals here and out of state that Greg to me is one of a few that is great in shipping stock and has really great looking stock to boot.
              However, I have spoken to greg on the phone more than once.
              And in the last occasion I spoke to greg as I was banned for stating the words and I quote "horny (relating to trophs and not human erotica) & biased against Greg".
              I told him more than once I do have a biased opinion in him, his service and his sites.
              But that is just that.
              My opinion (do we honor any amendments anymore as I know the media does not) towards him and mine alone let alone I told this to him over the phone more than once.
              If he was a LFS then he would have it face to face.
              Now since he had it from me the last time, I have been restricted to most of HIS site.
              I also told him about certain discrepancies of his site and how it swayed very reputable individuals whom has done this longer than he himself to not even bother in his site.
              I sent him again a pm and again I told him he had options to either ban me or lift the restrictions.
              All this for stating a metaphor and the right to my opinion of the OWNER of the site for hobbyist but has his OWN site for his company.

Well I got more to vent about greg for this has been going on for sometime and now one of mods feels like they want to honor greg for my personal experience with greg.

I will now drink a beer for lunch.

Thanks for listening HFB.

Frankie
              http://s1131.photobucket.com/profile/Darth_Coqui

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
                Just to say the asking of this wasnt to bash other members but to vent frustrations and i doubt many think the mods are out to get them we all love Hfb thats why we are all here most of the time please dont think I or we dont appreciate all thats done here by you or the mods. I didnt really think about the bashing of peeps leading to fights which is quite possible but still with all aside when in need everybody pulls together and helps out with anything needed
                Vent frustration about.....? You can vent frustrations in the lounge now. I guess I'm misunderstanding the intent of the requested section. What would it be used for that can't happen in the lounge? I want to make sure I understand.

...and i doubt many think the mods are out to get them...
                There was just a 58 page thread titled 'Ninjas they are real!' where the original topic was the unjust deletion of threads. You can see how I might get the impression that some members believe we are over-moderating. Not to mention, the term 'ninja' in relation to forum moderators is not very nice. Urban dictionary has the definition laid out pretty well. Eh, I can take it, and don't take it personally, and I'm sure the other Mods are adult enough to handle it too (plus, ninjas are badass) , but I also wanted to make sure everyone knows that we aren't deleting things just for fun, or out of meanness. Nobody here gets off on having to deal with the negative forum crap. Having said that, I do get that the subject matter of the ninja thread was tongue in cheek and I'm glad so many got involved and had a good laugh, but just in case there are members who really think we run around looking for ways to mess with people, I wanted to go ahead and put it out there.

I'm so glad to hear that you are still experiencing the good that I remember about HFB. I guess that just goes to show how most of my time on HFB these days tends to be on the negative side of things (breaking up fights, smoothing over hurt feelings, etc.)...and I'm missing out on the community aspect. I'm really glad to know it still exists.

Just FYI, we have had physical threats of violence here that was bigger than just a couple of guys showing their *** in a thread. Things have gone to threats against wives and children, threats to show up at members homes, and we literally had a member who almost caused another member to lose their job, and a company to lose a very large contract. You just never realize the true level of crazy that exists out there, and I have to do everything I can to make sure that what happens here on HFB doesn't give that insanity a foothold to cause real life destruction.
                Our Fishhouse

Comment

LoL, threats against wives...

The stuff that went on back then surely does make the disagreements of now, look like a daycare.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                    Vent frustration about.....? You can vent frustrations in the lounge now. I guess I'm misunderstanding the intent of the requested section. What would it be used for that can't happen in the lounge? I want to make sure I understand.

There was just a 58 page thread titled 'Ninjas they are real!' where the original topic was the unjust deletion of threads. You can see how I might get the impression that some members believe we are over-moderating. Not to mention, the term 'ninja' in relation to forum moderators is not very nice. Urban dictionary has the definition laid out pretty well. Eh, I can take it, and don't take it personally, and I'm sure the other Mods are adult enough to handle it too (plus, ninjas are badass) , but I also wanted to make sure everyone knows that we aren't deleting things just for fun, or out of meanness. Nobody here gets off on having to deal with the negative forum crap. Having said that, I do get that the subject matter of the ninja thread was tongue in cheek and I'm glad so many got involved and had a good laugh, but just in case there are members who really think we run around looking for ways to mess with people, I wanted to go ahead and put it out there.

I'm so glad to hear that you are still experiencing the good that I remember about HFB. I guess that just goes to show how most of my time on HFB these days tends to be on the negative side of things (breaking up fights, smoothing over hurt feelings, etc.)...and I'm missing out on the community aspect. I'm really glad to know it still exists.

Just FYI, we have had physical threats of violence here that was bigger than just a couple of guys showing their *** in a thread. Things have gone to threats against wives and children, threats to show up at members homes, and we literally had a member who almost caused another member to lose their job, and a company to lose a very large contract. You just never realize the true level of crazy that exists out there, and I have to do everything I can to make sure that what happens here on HFB doesn't give that insanity a foothold to cause real life destruction.
                    The ninja thing was as far as i know about 1 or 2 threads that have gotten deleted recently and went way out in far left field quickly.......
                    And wow i had no idea the fighting was that bad thays just nonsense.
                    And ya the comunity is still here helping and doing good and the ghac meeting is tomorrow you should come and hang out with everyone

Comment

The ninja thing was as far as i know about 1 or 2 threads that have gotten deleted recently and went way out in far left field quickly.......
                      And wow i had no idea the fighting was that bad thays just nonsense.
                      And ya the comunity is still here helping and doing good and the ghac meeting is tomorrow you should come and hang out with everyone
                      I would love to, but my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary party is tomorrow night, so I will be there.
                      Our Fishhouse

Comment

We miss you and a little bit of guygeek too.

Comment

60 years thats awsome congrats to your grandparents have fun come to a meeting soon and hang out with everyone

Comment

I have a hard time thinking about dealing with myself for 60yrs moreless having someone else deal with me for that long.

Comment

After attending the Annual Fishing Show, I was disappointed that Shimano wasn't servicing reels like they had done in the past. Well, I posted a thread on a fishing site and people saw my avatar and saw that I was black and immediately started directing racist remarks towards me. In other threads they would talk down on Asians and anyone not Caucasian. Well the thread went on for over 150 pages with people saying I was on food stamps, telling me I shouldn't have voted for Obama and also some people actually made obvious racist comments saying why are all black people so cheap and want hand outs. Well, there were some that had the same opinion about the disappointment. A big fishing store paid Shimano so that Shimano wouldn't service the reels, but so that Shimano would direct all of the customers to their store. It was another thing where politics and money hurt the customers who went to the fishing show for the service. It was once called "Customer Appreciation" from Shimano. I have spent thousands of dollars on those reels and it was a perk when you could go to the fishing show and have a Shimano reel tech show you how to clean and repair reels. Well, with all of those remarks, the actual site owner didn't delete any of the comments or reprimand any of the members for their words, instead he co signed and added his own remarks.

Well, I let it slide and didn't say anything but I received numerous PMs from members who were witnessing the obvious racism apologizing on the behalf of the owner and the members who participated. Well, a thread similar to this came up, but it was about the hostility on the thread. People were making racist remarks so often, making threats, and just being rude and they wanted to know the reason. Since I am so outspoken at times, I said that I believed it was because of the incompetence of the owner and moderator. Well the owner got pissed and started bashing me on the thread. I reminded him and everyone else of the thread where he participated in the racism and then he went buck wild. Well, he banned me and about 100 other members who called him a racist. His last words about that was "Black people are the most ignorant and racist people I've ever met. Barack Obama, Sheila Jackson Lee, Al Sharpton."

With all of that being said, I think the mods here are doing an excellent job at upholding the integrity, respect, and safety of the site and the members. Despite that website, this website can relate to anyone regardless of their age, sex, ethnicity or religion. I have been apart of other threads with no adversity. This is the most adverse family I've been apart of and I hope we can all argue, party, buy, sell and trade, and grow friendships through our differences.
                              210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
                              125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

did they really said racist remarks to you?
                                175 tropheus Chaitika
                                125 tropheus Ujiji
                                90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Working...
                                X