Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you like to cook your steak on open fire?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how do you like to cook your steak on open fire?

    i've always used charcoal briquettes in a grilled, but few weeks ago i had a chance to use some mesquite, oak, live oak, maple, hickory and something else, and i been hooked on it. i've always just put salt and pepper and sometimes garlic on my steak (depends on the cut and quality). so how do you cook/like your steak?

  • #2
    Sounds good just the way you are making it. When's the cookout?
    PLECOS SUCK!

    https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

    Comment


    • #3
      First I maranate the meat for at least an hour then
      I use a gas grill and wave it past the fire twice.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

      Comment


      • #4
        I marinate the steak or brisket overnight with "Wild Turkey" or a dark or lager beer. The "Wild Turkey" steak makes an impression to the uninitiated!

        sunrise

        Comment


        • #5
          I normally use Jack Daniels marinade but on nice pit I would go with just a bit of crushed black pepper, SoySauce and maybe some garlic.

          Rare - Medium Rare.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mahoro View Post
            i've always used charcoal briquettes in a grilled, but few weeks ago i had a chance to use some mesquite, oak, live oak, maple, hickory and something else, and i been hooked on it. i've always just put salt and pepper and sometimes garlic on my steak (depends on the cut and quality). so how do you cook/like your steak?
            If available then, sure. Here's my preferred order:

            1. Wood Fire
            2. Charcoal
            3. Propane
            4. Broiled

            I personally like some Montreal Steak Seasoning on a day old dry aged steak. On rare occasion I marinate my steak in Italian dressing for 3 to 24 hours (depending on availability).

            Ribeye - always. Medium - always.
            Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

            Comment


            • #7
              I marinate my steaks with Montreal Seasoning, Crushed Peppers, and some Sea Salt. Yummy!
              300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

              Comment


              • #8
                use this works perfect every time!
                People who stand for nothing will fall for everything.


                30 cube ( Hi tech planted)(for sale)
                29 bio cube (reef)
                20 cube (kids tank)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Grillers index

                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like oak or pecan coals. I rub the steak with spices, let it get to room temp. I use a piece of the steak fat (or oil if the steak was already trimmed) to rub down the grill surface. I place the steak on a hot grill, turn 90 degrees after a minute or so, flip once, turn 90 degrees after a minute or so then remove. I let the steaks rest then for a few minutes before serving. I like medium rare. I use the five finger test to check for doneness which doesn't require cutting into the steak to see how done it is.

                    Mark
                    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

                    Robert Anson Heinlein

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like garlic salt and lea & perrins worchestershire sauce. I'm a Carolina Boy gotta mop it with liquid.

                      PhishPhreek ~ I agree Grand Prize Barbecue in Texas City Rocks. I get the chopped beef on jalapeno cheese bread with extra suace.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Daum ya'll making me hungry. the brauts on the grill won't hack it. Mark must have worked as a cook in the past knowng how to cross hatch a steak. You can't beat a good cut of meat.
                        200
                        200
                        200
                        150
                        135
                        75
                        55
                        55

                        Trophs & Petros ONLY

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You have insulted the brauts I bring at each meeting. FF, your steak versus my brauts. We'll see who's meat beats whose!:furious:
                          PLECOS SUCK!

                          https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
                            First I maranate the meat for at least an hour then
                            I use a gas grill and wave it past the fire twice.
                            what kind of marnate? i 'was' a firm believer of using only salt and pepper til i had some marnated steaks, that changed my mind big time...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dustin View Post
                              i just touch the steak and see the hardness (no nick, not what your thinking, back off, lol)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X