Pigmy chain swordplants??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigmy chain swordplants??

Hello! My name is Bob Meyer and I have been keeping aquarium fish for about 45 years. I specialize in live food and in killifish. I am a certified judge with the American killifish association. If you are not sure what a killifish looks like, then look on line for images of gold australe or gardneri killifish. I'd tell you to look online for pictures of blue gularis, but I've never had much luck with them. Before killies, I was an accomplished tetra breeder and a very good freshwater angelfish breeder.

The reason that I am writing...One of the founding members of the American killifish association back in 1962 is Bernie Halverson, originally from Houston. He has a bucket list of things that he wants to accomplish and one of them is to get back a certain strain of pigmy chain swordplant. He thinks that he acquired them in Houston in the 50s or 60's. He distributed them in the 70's and 80's. Bernie and I both lost this plant about 20 years ago. Anyway, Bernie is wondering if anyone might have pigmy chain swordplants, probably Echinodorus tenellus from about 50 years ago. He says the current strain in stores is not the same as what he had. He has bought about 6 different varieties and none of them is the 'right' one. Anyway, if people can send me pictures of their plant (if they got it a long time ago), I'll print them out and get them to Bernie. Bernie is going to send me some drawings of the plant and I will try to post those in a week or so.

Too cold for me to ship anything right now. But in 4-5 months, I will have some killies, killie eggs, and live food for sale.
    Bob Meyer from Illinois (although I did live for a year in Abiline a long long time ago!!)
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Box! Bob.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Very nice killie. We have a few Killifish lovers on here.
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Welcome to HFB! Stunning specimen you have pictured. Looking forward to some warmer weather so I can get my hands on one of these guys

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

Comment

Welcome aboard! Never had much luck with any of the pygmy chains, but if I happen across anyone with some older varieties I'll be sure and snag some pics
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
          Desiderius Erasmus
          GHAC President

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome

Hey everyone!!! Thanks for the warm welcome. Keep your eyes open for that pigmy chain swordplant (old form). And I'll try to raise up a bunch of killies for the spring!

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
            Welcome aboard! Never had much luck with any of the pygmy chains, but if I happen across anyone with some older varieties I'll be sure and snag some pics

Comment

Welcome to the Box!

Comment

Working...
              X