Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll check on it.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

"There have been quite a few issues reported to the vBulletin team concerning IE6. I'm not sure they will address them since it's a fairly old browser version (considering there are 2 newer versions out there). But I will keep an eye on things and be sure to install any updates that might address IE6 issues."

There are very large differences in the IE versions that are causing me issues with some applications that haven't been updated. Simply put, 6.0 isn't gonna work with a many apps. Or if it works on 6.0, it won't work on the new versions.
      "when i receive a PM and click ok to open a new window it doesnt open up?? mozilla 3.5.7 xp at work and win 7 at home..

tried clearing cache and everything else...still the same... "

Many folks now have layers of popup blockers on their systems. You need to check your OS and browser and security software to make sure that something isn't shutting down "new windows" from opening. I know that on my home system it is about 4 layers deep now.
      55g Planted- Malawi and Victorian Cichlids
      35g Cube- P. Saulosi, Petrochromis, Sunshine Peacocks
      20L Planted- RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Neon Tetras, Snails
      2.5g Planted- Snails, RCS

Comment

Originally posted by cameracorpus View Post
        "There have been quite a few issues reported to the vBulletin team concerning IE6. I'm not sure they will address them since it's a fairly old browser version (considering there are 2 newer versions out there). But I will keep an eye on things and be sure to install any updates that might address IE6 issues."

There are very large differences in the IE versions that are causing me issues with some applications that haven't been updated. Simply put, 6.0 isn't gonna work with a many apps. Or if it works on 6.0, it won't work on the new versions.
        "when i receive a PM and click ok to open a new window it doesnt open up?? mozilla 3.5.7 xp at work and win 7 at home..

tried clearing cache and everything else...still the same... "

Many folks now have layers of popup blockers on their systems. You need to check your OS and browser and security software to make sure that something isn't shutting down "new windows" from opening. I know that on my home system it is about 4 layers deep now.

yeh let me check mozilla again..but im 100% sure i didnt change any settings but I am pretty sure firefox updated a few days ago and i bet thats what happened...mozilla reset it/turned it back on...

thanks!!

edit....so mozilla did have a "check" under block pop up windows...

Tools
        Options
        Content

First option listed there....

hope this helps others...
        Last edited by madehtsobi; 01-08-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X