Microworms? Scuds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microworms? Scuds?

Does anyone know if any LFS actually stocks cultures of these? Grindal, Banana, Vinegar Eels, whatever it may be. I have seen live brine shrimp Nauplii, but have not seen anything else and was just wondering. Daphnia would be cool as well in that regard, just looking for more options.

On a another topic, has anyone successfully kept a culture of Gammarus (scuds) from those locally available? I have seen them in my local collection trips, but never considered keeping them as a food source. I'll certainly be trying it and will let everyone know how it goes.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

I have a culture of daphnia magna with a few skuds thrown in, I also have banana worms, infusoria & vinigar eels may still be alive if I can find them

I believe Spot86t has grindales and all of the above and may be closer to you.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I love scuds!!

I try to keep a population of them at all times. However, I don't think I have many right now. But they're so easy to keep and don't need much care, if any. Water and algae, basically. They devour hair algae, so if you have any of that handy, that's pretty much all you need to keep them going. :)
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
      X