No announcement yet.

160g Discus Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used dark sand substrates in my discus tanks before, and some of my red melon, pigeon red and some more with red gene got peppering. if you're keeping Wild or Blue diamond, you should be fine. IMO, your discus will show more color with lighter sand.

Comment

Darbex: Thank you for that post. That was a really good example of dark vs. light colored substrate. I'm gonna go pick up some PFS this week and redo the substrate. I wanna see what the background looks like with lighter sand anyway. I'll post a pic of that whan I'm done. I still wanna experiment with a pastel yellow, bright orange and maybe a pink background. I have plenty of time to play with the options since these guys are so small. I'll keep you guys updated.
      If it ain't wild caught
      You ain't doing it right

Comment

Here is a pic of one of the discus....they are getting much bigger and starting to get some coloring....
        I love my baby girl!

Comment

So they discus and angels still getting along?
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

they were getting along ok, the discus just weren't eating as much so we sold all the angels today...hopefully we will start to see more growth in the discus now that they dont have to compete for food.
            I love my baby girl!

Comment

Originally posted by nikkijean1 View Post
              they were getting along ok, the discus just weren't eating as much so we sold all the angels today...hopefully we will start to see more growth in the discus now that they dont have to compete for food.
              Great idea. With 4 or five feedings a day your juvies showed show much better growth without the competition.

Mark
              What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
              X