Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

}+1
    Full tank video is awesome
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Man they look great super active! whats Your total count on exodons

Comment

Total Stock List:
        26x Exodon Paradoxus
        5x Astyanax Bimaculatus
        9x Corydoras Metae
        8x Corydoras Melanistus
        16x Panda Cory
        2x L095
        1x L014
        4x L144
        1x Fahaka Puffer

In the sump:
        Endler Feeder Guppies
        1 Rosy Barb

Comment

Originally posted by KhmerStyle View Post
          Man they look great super active! whats Your total count on exodons
          They are very active! It helps that I have high flow. I have a feeling that they'd kill each other and everything else if there wasn't. 3200gph powerheads on each side. Return pump is 600, but with head loss is about 450-500gph. Two 2213 on there to keep them cycled.
          Last edited by mistahoo; 05-15-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
            Those are some spastic lil suckas!
            One of the new ones jumped out of the bag onto my glass tops and jumped off the side of the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by beto View Post
              that's a sweet looking setup
              It's getting there. My MH bulbs are coming in and I'll finally replace the T8s. Val Nana is still growing in the back, but is struggling from the very low light. Dwarf Sag is still in the bucket until MH comes in. I still need to get a canopy made for this tank to hide the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                Total Stock List:
                26x Exodon Paradoxus
                5x Astyanax Bimaculatus
                9x Corydoras Metae
                8x Corydoras Melanistus
                16x Panda Cory
                2x L095
                1x L014
                4x L144
                1x Fahaka Puffer

In the sump:
                Endler Feeder Guppies
                1 Rosy Barb
                Nice man glad to see they are not killing your other livestock. Its becomming a monster colony!!!

Comment

Yup. It's not so bad. 1 exodon, 1 bimaculatus, and 1 corydoras metae was killed. I was expecting more casualties.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

nice tank man. now that i know what they are i want some. but affraid they will hunt my other fish.
                    75g Tank,
                    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                    10g Tank
                    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

75g Tank,
                      2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                      10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                      10g Tank
                      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                        nice tank man. now that i know what they are i want some. but affraid they will hunt my other fish.
                        They definitely will hurt your other fish. You've gotta keep at least a group of 10. A group of 12-15 is a solid number to disperse some aggression. Smaller schools can work too, but I wouldn't do any less than 5. I've seen them back down some big aggressive fish like Midas and Red Devils. They'll tear at the scales until the fish eventually stresses out and dies, or if you have a large group, they'll just gang up and tear at their flesh when they get the chance. Everyone will tell you to keep them in a species only tank, but I've been testing a few fish. Corydoras or other bottom dwelling fish will do fine unless you introduce them after the Exodons since they'll try to eat anything you put into the tank. Astyanax Bimaculatus seems to work well too, but only if they're already got some size to them. If you do find yourself having to introduce fish after the Exodons have settled and established heirarchy, you have to spook them to the other side or anything to keep their attention off the fish. Their behavior is very similar to Trophs and Petros except the fact that Exodons are carnivores.
                        Last edited by mistahoo; 05-15-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I read this article a while back. Pretty accurate info. They go nuts after large water changes. It's like crack for them.

Comment

maybe next time tim gets some ill get 5. and see how they treat the angels. if i see to much agression they go to a tank for them selfs.
                            i liked the fact that they do move alot.
                            75g Tank,
                            10g Tank
                            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                              maybe next time tim gets some ill get 5. and see how they treat the angels. if i see to much agression they go to a tank for them selfs.
                              i liked the fact that they do move alot.
                              Bad idea unless you don't want your angels anymore. They will shred your angels. They are wild caught and after shipping, they're very hungry. When I introduced the first group, they were so hungry they went for my arm. The second group kept chasing my bimaculatus. Luckily the bimaculatus are much faster and they eventually gave up. Angels are extremely slow compared to these hungry little guys. They'll go after anything in the mid/top water column that is shiny or has scales.

Comment

thanks. then i must wait until i get more space for tanks.
                                75g Tank,
                                10g Tank
                                Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Working...
                                X