Angelfish tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelfish tank

I am thinking of turning my 110 gal tall tank into an Angelfish tank. I have never had angelfish, but think it would look nice. A few questions for you angel fans. What would be an ideal setup (gravel or sand, driftwood, plants, ect.) I do not want a ton of plants as I want to see the fish. Also what all fish would be a good mix with them?
    Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
    29 gal (Planted Puffer)
    10 gal (snails and small planted)
    5 gal Hex (shrimp)

A few tall plants like sag subulata, crypt spiralis and Amazon swords compliment angels well. I'd do a blasting sand substrate or PFS. Add some large driftwood and a few rounded stones. I'd also do about a dozen green or albino cories. Finish off with about 24 black neons and a couple bushy nose plecs. Sparsely plant to leave lots of swimming space. I'd put about 100 watts of 6500K NO fluorescent light on it. Use root tabs deeply buried for fert under the plants until the substrate matures. You could probably put 6 or 8 adult angels in it.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Freshwater Angelfish - $4 (SW Houston ---Bellaire & S Gessner)

One of the best aquarium fish for a beginner
      Easy to keep in a community tank
      I like angelfish.
      I have some angelfish for sale.
      Size: 1.5” to 2”
      Variety: Black Marble, and Gold angelfish.
      All fish are healthy and eating well.
      1 for $4 or 3 for $10.
      E-mail me

Comment

the substrate doesn't really matter for angels. they mostly occupy the top and middle of the water column. Ultimatly, it will depend on the type of bottom feeders you using. Sand is really best choice for anything though. although some of the planted tank people could give you better advice since you mentioned you were interested in live plants. I keep 3 in my 120 with a myriad of other fish and I use PFS for substrate. It really is the cheapest way to go. A 110 tall is an optimum angel setup, now all you have to do is find some good sized Altums and you'll be set.
        ‎Haiku's are easy
        But sometimes they don't make sense
        Refrigerator

Comment

driftwood and a lot of different fancy plecos.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenallenbarnard View Post
            the substrate doesn't really matter for angels. they mostly occupy the top and middle of the water column. Ultimatly, it will depend on the type of bottom feeders you using. Sand is really best choice for anything though. although some of the planted tank people could give you better advice since you mentioned you were interested in live plants. I keep 3 in my 120 with a myriad of other fish and I use PFS for substrate. It really is the cheapest way to go. A 110 tall is an optimum angel setup, now all you have to do is find some good sized Altums and you'll be set.
            I wouldn't do altums as your first angels.

Mark
            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

No Altums yet. I like PFS in all of my tanks. Any species of cory cat will work well as well as most large tetras.
              If it ain't wild caught
              You ain't doing it right

Comment

What's PFS? My little brother has his two koi angels in with a few little khuli loaches and they have a blast!
                College = fishless for now. Vicarious living!

Comment

PFS = pool filter sand. about $10 for a 50 lbs bag. I have converted to this, but also have a large cooler full of gravel (if anyone needs). I like the ideas you all are giving and have started my design, including lighting. LED. You can follow my build "Project Pescado". Stand to start this weekend. Keep up the ideas and i will share the implementation.
                  Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
                  29 gal (Planted Puffer)
                  10 gal (snails and small planted)
                  5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

XP I knew that... Or I should have, I use it in my 10g. lol.
                    College = fishless for now. Vicarious living!

Comment

I have recently had some angelfish die. The water parameters were ok and they were in a community with other non aggressive fish but they all kicked the bucket. I do not know why. But now I'm in the market for some angelfish. PM me if you're still selling fish
                      Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

Comment

Working...
                      X