For the last week, I have noticed one of my four Festivums laying on the bottom of the tank on its side. If I get close, then he rights himself and swims away (which prevents me getting a pic of this). Is this normal behavior for Festivums? I know its normal for botias. I have noticed Festivums resting on the bottom of the tank from the same LFS I got mine from, but they were not on their side. Thanks.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Festivum on its side
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
At night or during the day?
-
He's done this while the lights are on, that I have noticed. I usually have the aquarium lights on from 9am-1am. He gets up when he is approached, and when food is present. He is breathing and eating fine. The Angelfish, plecos, cories, Pictus catfish, Chocolate Climbing Perch and the Mottled White-Black Ghost Knife do not bother him while is im that lateral position.I just caught him on camera, take a look:
.GEDC0024.jpgGEDC0025.JPGGEDC0031.jpgGEDC0032.jpgGEDC0026.jpgPLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970
Comment
-
You run your lights 16 hours?
Comment
-
Apparently I do.They on on during the time I'm awake,PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970
Comment
-
I kept festivums years ago and never saw this behavior. Very strange...
MarkWhat are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.
Robert Anson Heinlein
Comment
-
That is strange...
Especially since you say he's breathing and eating fine.
Keep on keeping an eye on him, that's what I would do. And probably a water change - when in doubt, do a water change. :) That's my mantra."Millennium hand and shrimp!"
Comment
-
I thought its when in doubt throw it out I think that still applies here right?
Comment
-
I have two angels out of 6 that sometimes lay down on their sides during the day, mostly hiding under amazon sword leaves or in other shady places. They appear to be resting or asleep....as soon as I splash the water with my hand like I am about to feed some frozen brine shrimp or bloodworms they "wake up" and shoot to the top ready to eat. It really is weird. The "sleepers" are healthy, still growing, and show no other weird behavior. They have been doing this off and on for months.
Does your tank have any blue LED moon lighting by chance? Mine does...makes me wonder if these two sleepers are just night owls...lol.15g column BB low-tech driftwood/planted - Dwarf Puffer Tank :lupe:
Comment
-
I use use regular fluorescent lighting, the GE Freshwater lights that you can get at Walmart. He's doing it again right now.PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970
Comment
-
Oh, I meant if you had any night time lighting that you use at night when your main lights are off. I have those blue LEDS that stay on all night, makes me wonder if there is partying going on with those two day sleepers I have.Originally posted by Nickintex View PostI use use regular fluorescent lighting, the GE Freshwater lights that you can get at Walmart. He's doing it again right now.15g column BB low-tech driftwood/planted - Dwarf Puffer Tank :lupe:
Comment
-
Actually, when I notice him doing it, the lights on the room are on, but its just regular fluorescent room lighting. No LED or anything like that.PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970
Comment

Comment