Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apisto.Cacatuoides Gold triple reds!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apisto.Cacatuoides Gold triple reds!!!!!

man im jealous.  few months ago i stumbled across some info on those and got really interested.  i evan asked on here who had some.  where did you get them?  Im jealous as hell

Comment

I got them off aquabid....I have the sellers email posted on the first page if you wanna try and contact him....if not ApistoDave usually has decent looking ones.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

are u doing anything to your water parameters thats special or what?

Comment

Let me know if you want to sell...I'd be interested in adding them to my apisto collection.

Comment

slow down & read again .  they are gone!!

Comment

I am so glad somebody brought this thread back so I had a chance to see EK's planted tank.  I mean the fish is all beautiful and all that, but, man, those plant in the tank make it looks like the fish is wondering around in the mist of air in a forest (I am sober trust me.)  I don't know if EK is an designer or what, he made my fish tank look 'dry' boring.

EK, how much will you accept to design my exisitng 125 gallon Cichlid tank $$$?  Or the 48 gallon bowfront currnetly has 20 something cichlid fry in there?   It looks like you have thick substrate in your planted tank.  Is that required to plant Anubias or Java fern?

Let me know.

Comment

The Caca's are gone.....when I did have them....the tank had a 3-4" layer of aquasoil which lowered kh and pH drastically compared to houston tap water along with that the tank got a massive amount of co2 since it was a high tech tank that got a ton of lighting and ferts and then there was 50/50 RO/DI and tap water when water changes were done.

Thanks to all for the kind words about the tank but the pictures were taken when the tank was in it's prime.

Richard, Honestly I kinda get a kick out of doing it for other people but work is time consuming as well as life being a bit a mess. I had the thick substrate for all the plants in there which were a lot of stem plants. The Anubias and Ferns can root to driftwood or be tied to rocks and such so they don't need substrate and can take nutrients through the roots which are in the water column.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks for the APB.

Comment

I have a pair of the double full red. They breed like clock work every 30 days. I get so excited every month. It's truly amazing.
                    Your fish are absolutely beatuiful. Here's a picture of mom & pop. That's what I call them. They are great parents, even fight off the
                    ocassional snails that get too close to the fry. If I look at her fry she will put them back in the driftwod and give me the evil eye.  :evil:
                    It's pretty funny. She will also take them out of the driftwood about a week after they hatch then in the evening she puts the fry back
                    into the driftwod. Seems like alot of work to me but I guess she has nothing else to do. BTW mine are alone in a 28 gallon bowfront.
                    All the fry are in a 20 Gallon high growout tank. I hope you have lots of fry to come.
                    A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

I must have skipped page 2. I thought you still had these fish. I am so imbressed.
                      Oh my! I must be tired I didn't even notice that this was a year old post.

Comment

It's all good!

You weren't the first one to bump up this old thread so don't feel so bad.....nice caca's!
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thank you! Now I don't feel so bad.
                          I just wanted to show off my fish anyway. :P

Comment

Hahhahaa...

I don't think showing off is a problem....I personally like looking at pictures!
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Edlmfc, do you have fry for sale?

Comment

They are still less than 1". Some are very small less than 1/2" but if you would like a few I can pass some your way. I have someone else that wants a few. I will probally go to Houston on a Wed. I can let you know when I will be there and you can meet us. PM me your email or phone # and I will let you know once I have a date.

Comment

Working...
                                X