Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea Puffer Fry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
    They look awesome, Nick! Good luck with the bebehs...hopefully you'll have a real puffer horde soon!
    that is what I am hoping for I want them to pull my chariot...

    Leave a comment:


  • LooksLater
    replied
    They look awesome, Nick! Good luck with the bebehs...hopefully you'll have a real puffer horde soon!

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    Pea Puffer Fry

    Guess I'll get with the wife. Gonna let her decide on what she wants.

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    Originally posted by nightster View Post
    That's true, i guess im stuck in the fahaka mind frame sorry...
    It is all good lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • nightster
    replied
    Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
    Pea puffers don't eat the whole snail they just tank chunks out of them lol
    That's true, i guess im stuck in the fahaka mind frame sorry...

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    Pea puffers don't eat the whole snail they just tank chunks out of them lol

    Leave a comment:


  • nightster
    replied
    I would have a snail colony set up before purchasing snail eating puffers, or you can just buy a bunch of snails. Setting up my snail hatchery is one thing i wish i would have done earlier...

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    If you need some wisteria come over I can trim some off for ya. Just some root tabs and it will grow like crazy.

    You don't need a lot snails. Just grow them in a bucket or a small tank. Mine eat mostly dwarf shrimp if they can catch them and frozen blood worms.

    a 55 gallon you could put 6 to 10 pea puffers in there and probably get them to breed.

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    Pea Puffer Fry

    It looks great. I may have to look for that when I redo my 55 here in a week or so. Gotta figure out what to do with it now, that all the other fish are moving out. Wife would probably like the puffers. But if want a hoard of snails established first. Thoughts?

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    It's Wisteria and amazon swords. I trim the wisteria back about every two months.

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    Pea Puffer Fry

    TINY!! Nice FTS. What kinda live plants you got going in there. I like how it fills the tank nicely. Do you have to cut them much?

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    Took some more pictures. The fry in the breeder box is starting to look more like a puffer. Here is hoping the fry in the tank make it.

    The rest of the pictures are the adults. The males are the ones with the red fins.








    Last edited by sunkenmetal; 08-23-2012, 09:40 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    Originally posted by Fancyfish View Post
    So the parents are quite small fish?
    Yea they don't get big at all...

    Originally posted by Fancyfish View Post
    Can you post a picture of the tank the fish are in? And maybe a picture of the PP's? The babies are cute.
    I will try to post some pictures later today.

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    Originally posted by suicune View Post
    oh geez I want a pea puffer in my community tank with platies and neon tetra and a shy betta XD... but I'm scared that it'll attack my zebra nerite snail XD
    if you like snails than pea puffers aren't for you they will eat the face off the snails lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Fancyfish
    replied
    Can you post a picture of the tank the fish are in? And maybe a picture of the PP's? The babies are cute.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X