Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jozle
    replied
    Man, that is a major set back. I wish you luck on reviving this.

Leave a comment:

• mistahoo
    replied
    This thread is due for an update...

Well... I decided to restart. I drained it and tried to bring it back. It worked, but shortly after a lot of it died back. I'm back at square one and replanted it. This time I have an actual CO2 setup for this bad boy. Here it is. Brown patches are dead. I tried to get most of it out. Looking at the glass, you can tell how bad algae took advantage.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Leave a comment:

• mistahoo
    replied
    Shouldn't be long. Putting together a list of things to buy and then I'll order and assemble everything.

Leave a comment:

• R_sustaita
    replied
    That sucks man, hope it gets back in the right track!

Leave a comment:

• mistahoo
    replied
    No clue what happened, but I had half of the CO2 cartridge left and the next day it I had none. Gonna ditch the CO2 setup and put together a 5lb setup. HC is dying off considerably. Lowered the photoperiod to 5 hours to slow down the browning. Dosing Excel until I can get the CO2. CRS moved over to the 5G.

Leave a comment:

• aquabee
    replied
    Gorgeous pearling. Yeah... So tempting to pull out the brown patches but like you said, I think it'll all come out if you do that! Patience, young padowan Steven...

Leave a comment:

• mistahoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mistahoo
    replied
    A lot of the HC bounced back nicely! Very green and pearling again. Still some brown patches. I don't want to pull them out and uproot the HC, so I'll let the shrimp do their job. Update videos to come.

Leave a comment:

• mistahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
    Yeah that's not bad at all, the tank looks great. Especially for no filter! ...really? No sponge or nothing?

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2
    No filtration. Nothing. Just an airstone for at night when lights go out and co2. All equipment I have on it is listed in the OP. Water change every week about 2-3 cups with RO/DI and tap mix.

Although having a filter would be nice for the flow, it's not really necessary for just shrimp, two o-cats, and a nerite.

Leave a comment:

• Jozle
    replied
    Just one scoop and a fill for a water change. That's all the filtration you'll ever need.

Leave a comment:

• LooksLater
    replied
    Yeah that's not bad at all, the tank looks great. Especially for no filter! ...really? No sponge or nothing?

Leave a comment:

• mistahoo
    replied
    Not having a filter on this tank doesn't help my case lol. Most of the diatoms are gone. It's just a bit on the front glass that I can wipe off.

Leave a comment:

• LooksLater
    replied
    Diatoms drove us crazy in the Tanganyikans tank until we put the Magnum canister on it and finally got them polished out...it may not be good for much else, but that micron filter kicks serious azz.

Leave a comment:

• mistahoo
    replied
    Yeah CO2 is back on. Diatoms aren't spreading anymore, but they're still there! Added some Ocats and a nerite in an attempt to clear it up. The nerite seems to hate the water though. It'll mosey on towards to top of the tank out of the water. Normally they'd munch on algae but this little guy isn't.

Leave a comment:

• aquabee
    replied
    Looks good. I'm glad the HC is coming back again, and the shrimp look great. I had diatoms in my shellies tank and it drove me crazy!! You got ur co2 back on now?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X