Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.5gal DSM Iwagumi attempt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jozle
    replied
    You should stay away from the 5lb, it might cause your diffuser to explode on you.

    Leave a comment:


  • mistahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jozle View Post
    Thats a ridiculous amount of CO2 pumping. What is your bps rate? It should be 1 bubble for 3-4 second for that size tank.
    I dunno I don't have a bubble counter yet. It's coming in the mail. Video was from before when I was trying it out. At first I accidentally turned it all the way up and shot a ton of water out lmao! Right now it's only like one bubble stream coming from the diffuser. Valve is almost closed completely. CO2 is running right now so that there is minimal melting for the HC to adjust. When I get the 3-in-1 diffuser, I plan to run it at 1 bubble per 5 seconds.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jozle
    replied
    Thats a ridiculous amount of CO2 pumping. What is your bps rate? It should be 1 bubble for 3-4 second for that size tank.

    Leave a comment:


  • mistahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jozle View Post
    Post a picture of your complete CO2 set up. What's DSM by the way?
    DSM = Dry Start Method. Basically growing emersed. CO2 setup is just the simple ISTA 45g disposable CO2 cartidge with regulator. Nothing special. They do have some cool dual stage regulators with solenoid that amazingly fit on these things though! IMO not worth an extra $150 for it when a 5lb setup is about $150.







    This is the diffuser that's being mailed. The 2-in-1 diffuser and bubble counter comes with this setup and sold at Petco for about $50-60 (?). The person I bought it from wanted to hoard the diffuser and CO2 cartridge, so I went ahead and ordered the 3-in-1.



    Bonus footage!



    Last edited by mistahoo; 03-25-2013, 12:52 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jozle
    replied
    Post a picture of your complete CO2 set up. What's DSM by the way?

    Leave a comment:


  • mistahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by JAYGEE View Post
    Looks good mistahoo! I'm learning alot from you and Jozle!
    I'm also learning as I go. Never done a DSM or a CO2 tank. Hopefully my diffuser I'm going to use for this setup comes in soon. The ADA diffuser is temporary since the other one has a bubble counter and check valve incorporated in it.

    Leave a comment:


  • mistahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jozle View Post
    Damn, how long did it take for the pearling effect?
    About a minute? It's crazy! It looks like a field of mini cotton plants!

    Leave a comment:


  • JAYGEE
    replied
    Looks good mistahoo! I'm learning alot from you and Jozle!

    Leave a comment:


  • Jozle
    replied
    Damn, how long did it take for the pearling effect?

    Leave a comment:


  • mistahoo
    replied
    Added two bags of established media and tossed in a floater to get the bacteria jump started. Ammonia is still high and no Nitrites or Nitrates.

    Leave a comment:


  • mistahoo
    replied
    Day 29 (03.24.13) - Flooding!

    Decided to flood the tank. HC held firm and nothing uprooted. Very nice pearling action going on right now.

    Before flooding






    After flooding






    CO2 added



    Pearling action!




    Future Fauna



    Last edited by mistahoo; 03-24-2013, 11:55 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mistahoo
    replied
    I got it from a member on TPT. She shipped it to me from Washington. The brand is Artscape. I was going to try out the Home Depot stuff, but I'm not sure if it's translucent like this one is. I have no clue where to get this stuff, but I'd imagine from anywhere where they sell window films.
    Last edited by mistahoo; 03-19-2013, 10:25 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jozle
    replied
    Where do you get one?

    Leave a comment:


  • mistahoo
    replied
    Re: 1.5gal DSM Iwagumi attempt

    Originally posted by Jozle View Post
    How do you put etched backgrounds?
    It's similar to putting on a screen protector. Spray water and apply. Then get all the bubbles out.

    Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

    Leave a comment:


  • mistahoo
    replied
    A better pic of from the front without the mist



    Another week or two and I'll be flooding the tank!



    Leave a comment:

Working...
X