No announcement yet.

5g Fluval Chi Nano (Updated 06.26.13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something like this... at $32 and comes with a 6500K bulb... equivalant of 150 watts should be more then enough
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

• Wouldn't 150w be way too much? Or is that just how much it can go up to? I have no clue.. What would be considered "high light" in terms of wattage and PAR? I'm sure calculating for LEDs would be completely different.

Comment

• That sounds good. I don't really like how that lamp looks though, but there's probably some others similar to it.

Comment

• I would go for the LED arm and then put some extra LED strip on it. the LED arm in my experience is a lot more secure than how those fixture just sit on the tank edge.
          I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

• At 5 gallons, the bulb is a 27 Watt, thus 5.4 Watts per gallon. High light indeed, but for certain plants it might be appreciated. You could try and utilize floaters to diffuse some light and restrict the photoperiod. With small Nano tanks the LPG rule really breaks down and becomes difficult to translate properly as water depth and penetration play key roles. This does look good for your size of tank though as it would centralize the light instead of most fixtures that are elongated and provide mixed PAR across the tank.
            Desiderius Erasmus
            GHAC President

Comment

• Re: 5g Fluval Chi Nano (Updated with pics 10.17.12)

Originally posted by suicune View Post
              I would go for the LED arm and then put some extra LED strip on it. the LED arm in my experience is a lot more secure than how those fixture just sit on the tank edge.
              I would too if I weren't growing plants. The LEDs on it are 12000k. I really like the complete ecopico tank too. It looks really nice

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

• Re: 5g Fluval Chi Nano (Updated with pics 10.17.12)

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
                At 5 gallons, the bulb is a 27 Watt, thus 5.4 Watts per gallon. High light indeed, but for certain plants it might be appreciated. You could try and utilize floaters to diffuse some light and restrict the photoperiod. With small Nano tanks the LPG rule really breaks down and becomes difficult to translate properly as water depth and penetration play key roles. This does look good for your size of tank though as it would centralize the light instead of most fixtures that are elongated and provide mixed PAR across the tank.
                Sounds good. I may just go this route. I have enough floaters to help out if it's too much light. Thanks!

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

• Here is a pic thread of someone using that exact same light on a 9 gallon ADA tank that appears to be about the same depth (just a bit larger in length and width)
                  Desiderius Erasmus
                  GHAC President

Comment

• Go to home depot and get one of their par38 bulbs and call it a day.

Comment

• Tank is up and running again! The corner no longer leaks after the patchwork. Within 5 min of the filter being on, the tank has already cleared up a lot! Matrix + magic beans = wonders. Added the Amazonia and water. Started replanting everything to have a nicer look. I haven't put the driftwood back, but looking at how the tank was previously, I feel that the wood was cramping up the tank. I'm gonna play with the scape some more tomorrow. I'll upload pics tomorrow too.
                      Last edited by mistahoo; 11-13-2012, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• Update on the tank. Finally got around to upload photos and a video.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• The temporary holding tank while the silicone was curing

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X