Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner ID Request

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beginner ID Request



    Can anyone help me ID this? I think my otocinclus is nibbling at it.

  • #2
    Looks yellowish my guess would be iron deficiency or lack of Mg

    Don't really thing the oto is doing that...but might be wrong
    Last edited by manifresh006; 03-27-2009, 03:42 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here is also a link that might help you PLANTS

      Wish u luck let us know you you have any questions

      Comment


      • #4
        Are you asking for an ID of the plant?
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

        Comment


        • #5
          :) Yes, actually I was asking for the plant ID. Does it look too yellow? It has been growing well, I have about five new leaves this month.

          Comment


          • #6
            My guess would be Echinodorus cordifolius...but a bit hard to tell.
            Charles Jones
            http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

            A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
            Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

            Comment


            • #7
              LOL Sooooo sorry TheH since you were talking about the oto and the hole being at the center of pic i thought you meant wat was wrong with it

              And would have to agree with marauder could be that or "echinodorus aquartica"

              Found this "booklet" online with names and pics here is were you can find it

              HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.


              Sorry again bro & let us if you find out wat it is

              Comment


              • #8
                If you ask for plant ID, then show a photo of the whole plant and btw otos don't do any harm to plants. It is hard to tell but it could be one of the so called "pseudo echinodorus" which doesn't grow fully submerged. It happened to me and as i recall it was slowly deteriorating in a one year period.

                Comment


                • #9
                  manifresh006: Thanks for all the help and links. I will look into supplementing some nutrients, I didn't realize the small holes could be from nutrients. I though it might be my otocinclus or sidthimunki loaches.

                  marauder_77868: Thanks for the ID. I will keep looking into it.

                  Bogdan: Thanks, but I think it may be fully aquatic as it has been growing reasonably with five new leaves this month (with no fertilizer or CO2). Would it help in IDing if I said new leaves are pale for a few days before turning green?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I believe most of the echinodorus species begin pale for a few days like you said b4 turning green

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It would really help if you could post a picture of the entire plant, if possible.
                      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for the advice Mzungu, I will be getting ahold of my camera again sometime this weekend. I added a little Tetra Plant FloraPride which is apparantly largely potassium and iron in the mean time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Okay, I have finally gotten my digital camera back!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X