No announcement yet.

3rd times a charm, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my betta imbellis pair in the spawning tank right now....
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

hmm, imbellis r thouse the peaceful kind of heard of. got any pics

Comment

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by crazybettaman View Post
          hmm, imbellis r thouse the peaceful kind of heard of. got any pics

Yes, their name means peaceful fish.

Comment

whats the difference between them and the wild type, they look very similiar, or r they wild type.oh they look really cool man i want a couple of fry.

Comment

They are the wild type. I can not get them to spawn. Every time I would put them in the spawning tank, they would just sit there.

Comment

OHM pair is in the spawning tank. (For the third time).

Comment

well igeuse my ddt m, got alittle hungery, most of the eggs r gone. there were at least 100. now maybe 20. theres still hope

Comment

Originally posted by crazybettaman View Post
                    well igeuse my ddt m, got alittle hungery, most of the eggs r gone. there were at least 100. now maybe 20. theres still hope

Sorry to hear that. There is still hope.

Comment

:aua:its official nothin made it, will start condition later and it another shot. ill start a new thread titled fourth times a charm right?

Comment

If you feel that he is going to eat the eggs next time, you can hatch them yourself by removing the male (& female) and lowering the water level in the tank to about 1/2" so that when the eggs hatch the fry don't have very far to swim to get to the surface. Be sure to add a cover to keep cool breezes off the nest and don't put too bright a light over the tank as it will cause evaporation and pop the bubbles. A couple of days after they hatch add some green water or infusoria. and you're back on schedule.
                        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

thats cool man, i will deffently be use that technique in the future

Comment

I had a spawn yesterday...

Comment

keep us posted
                              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
                                keep us posted

Will do. I used that method you said to use because he has eaten the eggs before.

Comment

Working...
                                X