700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: Sorority Tank PIX!

up
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Bermashave !

The 1" per fish dosen't work for all fishes.
                  As a general rule it refers to the oxygen in the water for small fish.
                  so it doesent work for a 10" flowerhorn and it dosent work for anabantids (gouramies & bettas)
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by djmatthewblack";p="
                    cool, where do you get bettas like that?

DJ, I got 4 of them at petco, 4 from petsmart and 2 from city pets, all at different times because it's harder to find females :)  

I got the Cambodian red from petco in the westchase area...

Comment

Originally posted by Tiapan";p="
                      But i have to say juicy i was kinda hopein for a different type of sorority pic on here   but that wouldnt be good for the kiddies :wink:

Behave yourself David.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherWoogie";p="
                        Is 10 gallons enough for 10 females? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought they needed a decent amount of space. I have 3 females in a 30 gallon and I still keep a close eye on them at times because I'm scared of fighting. It sounds like you know what you're doing, though, so I was just curious.
                        We tried 3 several times before and it never worked out so I did a lot of research and supposedly if you have many girl bettas the aggression is too spread out to do any real damage. I'm watching closely so we'll see, I was only gonna put 7 but phishphreak told me I could put more...since I had 10 already...I thought, why not. If any get too aggressive I plan on taking those ones out...also we plan on setting up a 29 for them as soon as we have the cash...besides a few shredded fins (which I was told to expect while their making their pecking order) so far they seem to be doing fine ....Have your 3 torn each other up at all

Comment

some more pics for you phishphreak, I have lots of colors but no copper, white or solid black..where do I get those??

[img]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5580/*****tankzo8.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Tiapan";p="
                            and there i go forgeting the whole point, which is to add that the tank looks really good, and your best bet for extra lighting is to wither just add another strip light to the tank, or get a pc light. i know that there are some smaller like 13 watt or 18 watt ones for like under counters that are supposed to be cheaper then fish ones. or you could just add an incadescent strip with 2 Power compact bulbs in it, that would bring your wpg up to 3.5. if you just added it on as extra.
                            whats a PC light?

Comment

Power compact
                              So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

yeah what he said, and that was a dastardly cheap shot with the posts EK, good job thats why you Dagon. Gods didnt get to be gods by being nice to people
                                Never fear I is here
                                David Abeles
                                Vice President
                                Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Working...
                                X