Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Future Shrimp Breeding Setup

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • R_sustaita
    replied
    you could leave the particle boards if you covr them with some fiberglass which will make it stronger and water resistant.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fancyfish
    replied
    Particle board and the humidity will be bad not to mentionspills. I would definitely get rid ofthe one on bottom; you might be ok if you paint the one on top. Looks like a nice setup you will have there.

    Leave a comment:


  • TexSun
    replied
    Particle boards is a bad idea around any substantial volume of water.

    I have the same rack. I split mine in two though, because I didn't like the possibility of it tipping over. I also upgraded the panels to some nice thick plywood that I watersealed. Its nice the water beads right up and is easy to control incase of the eventual spill.

    Looking foward to seeing this thread develop.

    Leave a comment:


  • HERM
    replied
    That is a very nice looking rack , what are the dimensions and price if you don't mind me asking ?

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    Originally posted by Vigilante View Post
    Tim, Thanks for the recommendations on the rack. There were a few options for racks at Lowes, but I chose this one because it conceals the slots on the frame and had a cleaner look than the others. I have already bought plywood for two of the shelves. I will probably be keeping the particle board for the top and bottom shelves for now, since they will not be supporting any substantial weight.

    I will be keeping and hopefully breeding CRS, CBS, OEBT, Painted Fire Red Neos, Orange Neos, and Yellow Neos. I will probably be keeping others as time goes by, I am just trying to be selective at this point.
    Sounds like someone is going to be having fun...

    Leave a comment:


  • Vigilante
    replied
    Tim, Thanks for the recommendations on the rack. There were a few options for racks at Lowes, but I chose this one because it conceals the slots on the frame and had a cleaner look than the others. I have already bought plywood for two of the shelves. I will probably be keeping the particle board for the top and bottom shelves for now, since they will not be supporting any substantial weight.

    I will be keeping and hopefully breeding CRS, CBS, OEBT, Painted Fire Red Neos, Orange Neos, and Yellow Neos. I will probably be keeping others as time goes by, I am just trying to be selective at this point.

    Leave a comment:


  • sunkenmetal
    replied
    what shrimp are you breeding?

    Leave a comment:


  • armthehomeless
    replied
    Be sure to replace the particle board with something more substantial. Looks nice . . . and familiar.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vigilante
    started a topic My Future Shrimp Breeding Setup

    My Future Shrimp Breeding Setup

    I have a 40 breeder that I want to set up and did not want another tank stand, so I picked this up at Lowes (Shag carpet to set the mood for breeding )

    I am not sure exactly what I want to do with it yet. My thoughts so far are 40 breeder planted display on one shelf. May be 4 10 gallons each on two other shelves or 2 55's with dividers for breeding. And will probably remove one of the shelves. I'm still throwing around ideas and will be taking it slow.
Working...
X