• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFS
    order online
    If someone I know is ordering I piggyback off their order
    Food for my other fish

Which NLS are you getting? I've been looking for the NLS crustacean formula for the longest and have given up almost.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

• ill be getting shrimp pellets and cichlids formula 1mm as all my labs are still super small and angels have small mouths and fry can eat it too.
      75g Tank,
      2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
      2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
      10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
      10g Tank
      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

• oh, thought you knew where there was the Shrimp specific NLS locally.

Get Tetra Color bits for your shrimp... doesn't make em go as crazy like the shrimp pellets but everything seems to look better on it.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

• i do feed them color flake but they dont really eat it they wait for it hours to be soft to try to eat it. besides i do need the others for the cichlids. i will order shirakura but it will take a week to get here, i will purchase it on ebay.
          75g Tank,
          2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
          10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
          10g Tank
          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• the color flakes dont entice like the color bits.

With shirakura I've been reading not so favorable things about them.... it use to be the only thing available for ornamental shrimp but now theres others like mosura/borneoWIld that seem to be more favorable.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

• do you have the links to were to order? i am going to order also fluval shrimp food, and hikiri shrimp cusine from amazon.com as i have free shipping.
              75g Tank,
              10g Tank
              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• keep updates on it cause I would like to know.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

• updates on what?
                  75g Tank,
                  10g Tank
                  Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• shirakura food
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

• well if you say there are better food, i may as well go that other route.
                      75g Tank,
                      10g Tank
                      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• I don't know what bad or good, just said what is favored right now.

IMO might just be everyone keeping with jones'
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

• I have used Shirakura for years and its the only food I found that the shrimp will attack and swarm, but I have not tried any alternatives since I found it. I will say its a bit of a pain to get ahold of, but I just order when I get low and never have run into an issue of running out. LooksLater recently acquired some fluval shrimp food (Granules?) and said they treat it simialarly. Will try and post opinions once I'm back in and can observe them a bit more. The granules could be nice for smaller populations as the Shirakura are larger and quite tough to break into smaller pieces. The fluval looks more protein based, while Shirakura more algae based, will be interested to see if it alters any of their coloring.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                          Desiderius Erasmus
                          GHAC President

Comment

• thank you roy. yes Fluval has protein and its only $4 for a bottle. i am going to get all the fluval kit with the nutrients for the water.
                            75g Tank,
                            10g Tank
                            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• the one that my snowballs will swarm is the Hikari Sinking Wafers, it more protein then i would like but they are a smaller wafer than the algae wafers. i wasnt sure if they were H2O stabilized so I didnt want to break them up but after using them i dont think that they are so i will probably start using a mix of both. also, the otos swarm them to, and they win. All wafers r belong to us now stupid skrimps!
                              75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                              28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                              12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                              29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                              45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                              33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

• I'm ordering some plants and the seller has sample packs of a lot of different shrimp food so I ordered one of just about every food readily available.
                                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                                X