Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for reviews on 2 brands

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • looking for reviews on 2 brands

    I am getting a new heater for my tank and have seen 2 on ebay that sound good, but have never heard of these brands.  Any feedback on Jalli or Catalina?

  • #2
    Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

    Both are IMO equivalent to Odyssea, though I think the Jalli was better of the two...not sure though.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

      I've never heard of either one of them
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

        Catalina makes some decent knock-off PC lights and Jalli makes some decent looking knock-off tanks....like other knock-offs they either work or set your house on fire. :?
        700g Mini-Monster tank

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

          they were the only company's i could find on ebay with a 500W heater.  Is that too big for the 125, or would you recommend a smaller heater?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

            If the tanks in your house and you keep the temperature of your house above 65-70, then a 300watt would work.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

              If I was you I would rather personally go with two smaller heaters... one you have them located at each end the tank with some circulation and things will be better...  and you dont have to worry as much if you have a failure with a 500 that it will cook your tank overnight..
              I would spend the money for a better heater myself.   The only ones I have so far liked are Visi-Therm and Jäger heaters... I have a knock off brand, and in less than 6 months now it cannot heat a 40g, I am having to crank it all the way to full blast (I dont like this) to heat the tank... and its a 200w...  I am getting as soon as I can another Visi-Therm or Jäger heater

              What fish do Jesper have
              180 WC T. Moorii Chilambo +1 Petro trewavasae.
              110
              Cyps, WC Xeno Spilopterus Kipili WC/F1/F2 T. sp red Kiku
              58 S. Decorus

              "The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." -Margaret Thatcher

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

                I only have a 300w on mine and it does the job fine....actually never really turns on after the lighting and equipment warm up the tank.

                Also IMO it would be better to go with 2x300 vs a single 500w
                700g Mini-Monster tank

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

                  As bad as I do not like to say it they are both crap.
                  If I saw you again in person Steve I would tell you why and you would understand.
                  -Mike
                  www.txtropheustraders.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

                    I have had the best results with Acura brand heaters......I some that are about 8yrs or so old and will still keep temps nice and accurate! Too bad they have been discontinued..
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

                      are Rena heaters any good.  Here is a link to the one Im looking for.rena heater

                      BTW, i am looking on ebay because i have over $500 in paypal credit.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

                        Transfer you paypal into cash.....or find someone that accepts paypal.

                        Rena makes good filters....not sure about their heaters....but there are plenty of name brand stuff on ebay..
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

                          I looked for the Acura ones on ebay and couldnt find anything.  any other recommendations?

                          I was going transfer the money to my CC but they take several %, so I figured i would keep it on ebay since I frequently buy stuff on there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

                            Jagger

                            Marineland

                            Visi-therm.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: looking for reviews on 2 brands

                              the only heater i have had perfect success is a JAGER....  they work great but only make a 250 watt so depending on size of tank might have to buy two..... anyway just my nickels worth on heaters....
                              210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X