Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aqua Zoo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • southshouston
    replied
    I usually don't mind driving around town if I have a purpose. What are the stores you're talking about. I'll have to go check them out. Petsmart and Petco are just infuriating to me, they never have what I need and just don't carry most of the brands that I look for.

    Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post

    If you don't mind the drive to SW Houston, you can find fish cost as much as half of what they do at AZ.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris360
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
    Reality us that "people" people make better salespeople. Apparently they were not too concerned about losing me as a customer.

    As for their prices, they're proud of their stock. If you don't mind the drive to SW Houston, you can find fish cost as much as half of what they do at AZ.

    As you can tell, I'm all about supporting businesses that treat me well regardless of what my total bill is at the end of the visit. The longer they have me as a customer, the money I'm liable to spend there.
    +1

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    Reality is that "people" people make better salespeople. Apparently they were not too concerned about losing me as a customer.

    As for their prices, they're proud of their stock. If you don't mind the drive to SW Houston, you can find fish cost as much as half of what they do at AZ.

    As you can tell, I'm all about supporting businesses that treat me well regardless of what my total bill is at the end of the visit. The longer they have me as a customer, the more I'm liable to spend there.
    Last edited by SunnyHouTX; 07-24-2012, 11:50 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • southshouston
    replied
    I have been in a few times. I don't talk much and they don't talk much, so it's always been pretty quiet in there. They do seem to know their stuff and have healthy fish. Prices are a tad high, but not any higher than ordering online and having to pay for shipping. Mostly, it just seems like they are 'fish people' not 'people people'

    Leave a comment:


  • wesleydnunder
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
    I guess some ppl don't find it to be offensive in the context I wrote it in Mark.
    Guess not.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    Originally posted by wesleydnunder View Post
    This is one of the most offensive things I've seen posted on this site. I'm surprised that the mods haven't deleted this post. Were I still a mod, I would have.

    Mark
    I guess some ppl don't find it to be offensive in the context I wrote it in Mark.

    Leave a comment:


  • barrettsline
    replied
    I like them for my eheim parts. There 4 miles from me. It's also nice to walk into a place they know you by name. Thy both can be a little edgy sometimes but good people all in all.

    Leave a comment:


  • wesleydnunder
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
    <removed by imagirlgeek> The treatment I got when they messed up the glass tops I ordered was bad enough where I have not been there since. And I live less than 2 miles from them. Much rather go to Pets Place on Scarsdale Blvd at Beamer Rd. Now I just find it worthwhile to hop on Bwy 8 and head to HAW, CP, and FRII. My 2c.

    And I have glass tops made at a place I can walk to and they're glad to have my business even though it's small change compared to what their bread and butter clients get.
    This is one of the most offensive things I've seen posted on this site. I'm surprised that the mods haven't deleted this post. Were I still a mod, I would have.

    Mark
    Last edited by imagirlgeek; 07-24-2012, 11:28 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TexSun
    replied
    Aquazoo is great for somethings been going for years.... they're close to me. If I need a good deal or something cool/oddball I usually into town though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris360
    replied
    I went there one time, it was filthy and smelled very bad. The tanks looked very under kept and the little bit I seen was way over priced. never again.......even if its between a bar and a liquor store....LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris.d514
    replied
    I've been there 4 or 5 times and never had any issues other than them giving me more daphnia than my fish could eat. They have flake that I believe they said that they make. I got a bottle of it one day and have been back for the half price refills a few times. They have been pre-occupied with the move a few times that I have been in but always made time to help me out. From my experiences I would recommend them.

    Leave a comment:


  • barberking12
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
    I guess one of them was on rag when I went because the treatment I got when they messed up the glass tops I ordered was bad enough where I have not been there since. And I live less than 2 miles from them. Much rather go to Pets Place on Scarsdale Blvd at Beamer Rd. Now I just find it worthwhile to hop on Bwy 8 and head to HAW, CP, and FRII. My 2c.

    And I have glass tops made at a place I can walk to and they're glad to have my business even though it's small change compared to what their bread and butter clients get.

    +1 everytime i been they never say one word to me when i walk in the lady at the front desk just stays staring at the paper on the counter and anytime i ask a question they make it seem like im just there to look and dont want to waste there time and i am the only person in the store everytime so a little customer service would be appreciated

    Leave a comment:


  • SunnyHouTX
    replied
    The treatment I got when they messed up the glass tops I ordered was bad enough where I have not been there since. And I live less than 2 miles from them. Much rather go to Pets Place on Scarsdale Blvd at Beamer Rd. Now I just find it worthwhile to hop on Bwy 8 and head to HAW, CP, and FRII. My 2c.

    And I have glass tops made at a place I can walk to and they're glad to have my business even though it's small change compared to what their bread and butter clients get.
    Last edited by imagirlgeek; 07-24-2012, 11:11 AM. Reason: Edit of 1st line

    Leave a comment:


  • freespool
    replied
    Great store run by a couple that really loves fish. They are in the middle of moving so patience is a must, but well worth it.

    Leave a comment:


  • troy tucker
    replied
    See thats why we never been there. But if we are ever in that part of the world. We will have to go look...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X