No announcement yet.

South American Stock Sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easily Geophagus Altifrons Manaus, but you wont find any of those, i got the only ones in houston, or texas for that matter. Any altifron varient is going to produce some magnificent colors, xtreme always has the best selection in my experience and the best prices...also if you could find yourself some geophagus heckelli, those are just gorgeous....look at my 90g journal for some pics of my fish.
    I make people happy

Comment

This is going to wind up driving me nuts.

I am a ways out from getting the stand and canopy ready. Have about 5 hours of sanding in it this week. Know what stain I'm going to use and need to decide on hardware.

I will admit that Frontosa are still in the running. I like the blue colors. I will also admit that I think the SA route best matches what I'm wanting to accomplish (except for having to use a lot of driftwood). A main focal fish, a schooling group of dither fish and some nice plecos.

What the hey maybe I'll just go with Gouramis (yeah yeah and some zebra danios like we all had as kids) like I originally said. :aua::aua::aua::aua:

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
        This is going to wind up driving me nuts.

I am a ways out from getting the stand and canopy ready. Have about 5 hours of sanding in it this week. Know what stain I'm going to use and need to decide on hardware.

I will admit that Frontosa are still in the running. I like the blue colors. I will also admit that I think the SA route best matches what I'm wanting to accomplish (except for having to use a lot of driftwood). A main focal fish, a schooling group of dither fish and some nice plecos.

What the hey maybe I'll just go with Gouramis (yeah yeah and some zebra danios like we all had as kids) like I originally said. :aua::aua::aua::aua:
        frontosas are sweet man, hard decision if you ask me.
        I make people happy

Comment

Final decision has been made.

Frontosa tank it is.

Planning has begun in earnest.

Have received a lot of great feed back on how to do it from numerous sources.

Fish are going to be from RonR.

Still working on the stand I bought from NDsuperduty. Sanding is about half done. Based on my schedule and commitments I'm about a month out from starting the cycling process.

Comment

Can you post some pictures of your progress, it always makes for a nice thread when people can take the time to do that.
            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

I make people happy

Comment

Originally posted by mark razmandi View Post
                I know Mark.

It's nothing to do with the fish. It's the way i want to go about aquascaping. I'm not that into driftwood and trying to emulate SA water conditions cichlid water conditions with houston tap H2O is less of a challenge to do it correctly.

You provide great input and it's much appreciated.

In a year or two when I do another big tank these guys will be back on top of the list.

Comment

na man its all good if i had another tank id be getting fronts...you gettin mobas?
                  I make people happy

Comment

Originally posted by mark razmandi View Post
                    na man its all good if i had another tank id be getting fronts...you gettin mobas?
                    Yes on the Mobas. My wife and kids find it quite humerous that I'm on a waiting list for fish.

Saw some Mobas at a LFS recently pretty dang nice.

Comment

mobas are sick! ron has got some awesome ones
                      I make people happy

Comment

Working...
                      X